Baja Designs XL80 vs 2x Squadron pro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edski

Reaction score
I have looked at the numbers and know the lumen output spec for each of them . I have never seen either in action and was wondering if you only could have one configuration which would it be?

- A pair of XL80's on A pillar mounts

or

- Two pair of Squadron Pros in the fog pockets

Especially interested in light performance and ease in aligning them. Light security is also a consideration.

Thanks much in advance

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 Xl80s on my A pillars make my 10 inch onx6 hi power (11,000 lumens) in my grill useless.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What is your primary use for these lights? Both are certainly great options!

Keep in mind that with 4 lights you have more adjustability and tuning that can be done. This is great if you want to run one set white and one set amber or just fine tune the patterns for your specific needs.

The XL80s will also give you some more distance due to the larger High Speed Spot reflectors. There will be a little more glare due to the location. Here are individual night shots showing one XL80 and one Squadron Pro:

30186642542_ecffa3f456_b.jpg
29893546392_9e76e1fbb2_b.jpg

Let us know if you have any questions!
www.bajadesigns.com

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do the xl80’s look with all spot? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was wondering the same thing. The XL80 sure look nice!
I believe the XL80s were going to have a laser version in the future. Will that take the place of the current XL80? Would that change this scenario even more, giving the XL80s even more of an edge?

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
XL80s on the A pillar. Tremendous output. In the wide pattern they basically make night feel like day. There's just light everywhere. My brother runs them along with 7 squadron pros in his bumper. The XL80s are all you really need.

Side note: really wish BD would get with it and put side facing lights on their XL80s. My Rigid DSS are staying put on my A pillars until they do. They literally throw light back behind the front doors. Best fill lights on the market, IMO.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How do the xl80’s look with all spot? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately we don't have any night shots, but the output is great! Running a pair in spot on my personal vehicle.