GEN 2 Baja Designs S2 back up lights install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I recently called Baja Designs and asked to speak with Bailey, and the young lady told me you were no longer with the company???

I'm still working with BD just no longer in-house. Currently in the process of moving to Colorado. I will continue to be the main point of contact for BD on the forums posting product info, helping provide assistance, talk general Raptor discussion, etc. If you need anything I can still be reached at [email protected].

Feel free to check out our Baja Designs - Gen 2 - General Discussion Thread. We have lot of Raptor info and discussion going on there. Post up if you have any questions!

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Take me with you Bailey. I hate it here in NY, no freedom, no mountains to go offroading through, just flat flat flat and traffic traffic traffic

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Take me with you Bailey. I hate it here in NY, no freedom, no mountains to go offroading through, just flat flat flat and traffic traffic traffic

I don't blame you :biggrin:. If you, or anyone else, is ever in the Denver area and would like to meet up feel free to contact me directly.

-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

sirbentleybleu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still cannot get my BD reverse lights to shine. First, I installed them into the twilight per the BD instructions. Now, they are spliced into the trailer lights as described in the initial post. Still no lights and now it blows the 10A in the panel. I have tested the lights and the Y-harness with no issue...I have not had a chance to test the bolt/splice cable. I've installed the Ultimate pockets, OnX6 and S8 on the front, so I'm very frustrated this set-up hasn't been plug and play like the rest.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still cannot get my BD reverse lights to shine. First, I installed them into the twilight per the BD instructions. Now, they are spliced into the trailer lights as described in the initial post. Still no lights and now it blows the 10A in the panel. I have tested the lights and the Y-harness with no issue...I have not had a chance to test the bolt/splice cable. I've installed the Ultimate pockets, OnX6 and S8 on the front, so I'm very frustrated this set-up hasn't been plug and play like the rest.

Wow surprised S2 would come close to 10 amps. There’s got to be something else going on - maybe BD has some ideas to test the lights themselves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Please give our tech team a call at 800-422-5292. It's sounding more like something internal on the lights vs. the wiring itself. Sometimes (not very often) these lights will ground through the housing causing the OEM system to not be happy and blow the fuse. This is sounding like what is happening but our tech team will need to confirm.

-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

sirbentleybleu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bailey, I'll call them in a bit. I am running the Unlimited Fogs Pockets with the S2 Pros wired to Aux 6. I had both S2 Sport reverse lights plugged into the three-plug splitter and they worked fine on Aux 6. I actually forgot to unplug the left S2 Pro and had 3 lights running off the 5 amp switch. That e=being the case, I ruled out the lights and the splitter as ground faults. This leaves either the supplied up fitter harness, the truck wiring, or my splice.

sirbentleybleu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bailey, I saw in another thread you recommended an add a fuse for the marker lamps on the S8s. Being stubborn as I am, why not run a hot from the back to an add a fuse on the 10A in the block (87)? I would also run a ground up to my known ground in the front. Also, since we're all here, I was thinking about running the green wire from the S8s to the trailer tow park lamps (25). Fuse numbers are taken from the owner's manual. Thoughts?