Baja Designs OnX6 Arc Install Woes... Help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Every vendor is different. Some vendors resell what they can as add-ons (most likely what ADD does). Some know the shit they sell in and out (like us). Anything we sell (for the most part) we know inside/out. We've tested every item in our store at some point so we know how it works.

I'm an ADD dealer and a BD dealer, best of both worlds, so I know my shit lol.

Thing is you didn't buy from us, so we'll help you as much as we can, to some extent because naturally we didn't sell the light bar.BUT we try and help people regardless.

Hopefully the info I gave you about relays will help you get things moving along

OP
OP
R

rdsc

Reaction score
Automobile wiring is DC wiring basics regardless who’s brand of lights. Stop trying to be cheap and hire someone. It will save you the headache then look at what they did and learn from it.

Do it yourself and invest in an fire extinguisher to carry with the truck. You will thank me later.

LOL, right so if this was so basic then even BD's tech guys should've been able to give me some direction and a diagram of sorts right? Come on man, this is basic customer service. Buy a product, get install support. They not only didn't help me, but they gave me the wrong advice. I know enough about electrical to know that the advice they gave me wasn't correct, so I came here.

Now, I did vent my frustration perhaps a little harshly, and if you read, I did apologize after BD commented on the situation. The point is, my frustration was warranted to some extent after spending almost $2k on a light bar and getting no help after the sale. Now that BD is aware of the issue, it looks like they may consider designing a new harness to address this issue. Thats a good thing.

As far as being cheap, lol. It's not about being cheap, I want to install this light myself, I have a basic understanding of electrical and with the right advice and direction it should be an easy job. This is what these forums are all about. You get stuck, and you can come here for advice....

Every vendor is different. Some vendors resell what they can as add-ons (most likely what ADD does). Some know the shit they sell in and out (like us). Anything we sell (for the most part) we know inside/out. We've tested every item in our store at some point so we know how it works.

I'm an ADD dealer and a BD dealer, best of both worlds, so I know my shit lol.

Thing is you didn't buy from us, so we'll help you as much as we can, to some extent because naturally we didn't sell the light bar.BUT we try and help people regardless.

Hopefully the info I gave you about relays will help you get things moving along

Lesson learned my friend. I really do appreciate your help. You now have a customer in me. I will be checking out your website to see what other goods you offer...

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Glad I could help. Wish I could offer more assistance but hopefully you're on your way to getting things wired.

I have dual 50" OnX6 bars and a 40" DC Bar on my truck... never bothered hooking up the storbe/dim function personally.

OP
OP
R

rdsc

Reaction score
Glad I could help. Wish I could offer more assistance but hopefully you're on your way to getting things wired.

I have dual 50" OnX6 bars and a 40" DC Bar on my truck... never bothered hooking up the storbe/dim function personally.

Oh you did more then enough! Thank-you so much again... I started a new install/harness diagram thread to kind of pay-it forward so to speak.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f265...-switch-diy-custom-harness-62091/#post1271556

I got everything hooked up, and everything works great. Using AUX #6 switch to utilize the mode selection features. It works great! Very cool...

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Cool glad you got it working. Once you understand relays you'll love them. An easy way to take a little baby amount of voltage and send high voltage to something.

If I had more switches I'd probably do what you did. But as it is I have 6 upfitters being used and 2 dash switches being used for all my stuff

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Props to @4x4TruckLEDs.com

I hope everyone who took the time to browse this thread paid attention to how far this supporting vendor went to help a Raptor brother out.

Not taking away from any of the other vendors here, but take a look at the instructions and even direct part links provided. Well done.

Full disclosure, I’m a 4x4TruckLEDs.com customer too, but it’s worth noting when a vendor does good. Everyone shouts when something goes south.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks. I do what I can. Always told folks i'd rather help you out then make a profit (although im not saying i don't wanna make a profit, lol, it's nice putting food on the table).

I'm more of a cousin... I don't own a Raptor (i bought my truck in 2016, there were no new raptors yet and I wasn't going to wait a year). BUT that has not stopped me from building it up to the point where she's just about better then a Raptor after today's new coilovers/shocks go in :) When Ford brings on the V8 Raptors i'll get one

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Thanks. I do what I can. Always told folks i'd rather help you out then make a profit (although im not saying i don't wanna make a profit, lol, it's nice putting food on the table).

I'm more of a cousin... I don't own a Raptor (i bought my truck in 2016, there were no new raptors yet and I wasn't going to wait a year). BUT that has not stopped me from building it up to the point where she's just about better then a Raptor after today's new coilovers/shocks go in :) When Ford brings on the V8 Raptors i'll get one

Paging @Frank N...

what do you think Frank? Closet Yaris owner? :biggrin:

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Paging @Frank N...

what do you think Frank? Closet Yaris owner? :biggrin:

Nah, I've bought lights from them,it was good deal, I will be nice.

:ROFLJest:
80-img_0213_c1f8eb1411e6d5a8bda16ff1fba33300f73e0e65.jpg