Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread - GEN 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is very similar to bwmiller74's solution for lighting. I have the AUX 1 controlling the driving and wide corning light, AUX3 controls the spot.

Work has gotten very crazy lately but I will try to answer any questions you have.

AUX 6 in the ON position removes the auto-on with high beam activation and allows you to turn on via wired 1 and 3 switch.

have some questions..... if you don't mind and thanks again in advance.

I want my LED fogs lights 1,2,3 to all be on separate auxiliary switches. I also want them to be connected to the high beam trigger so they ALL turn on when the hi beams are activated.

So I think I only need 3 relays.

Do you know how I'd wire the wire relays and fog lights? I see in your diagram, the hi beam trigger goes to trigger, ground to ground, NC to aux switches, the 12v to fogs, but I'm assuming my wiring is different since I don't need the extra relay to aux6, which is where the 12v power is coming off the battery.

NEVERMIND...... I'm gonna use the backup light schematic but replace the backup light trigger with hi beam trigger. See if that works.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
28498659227_817bae5280_b.jpg

Baja Designs - OnX6 10" Hybrid Light Bar (LED/Laser)

The new Baja Designs Laser Light series is at the pinnacle of distance lighting. The Laser Light is capable of throwing light 30-40% farther than our current OnX6 Hi-Power Light Bar. We have created a "Hybrid" light in order to give the user the ultimate lighting package. We project 2 laser chips and 4 LED chips through our High Speed Spot optic to deliver a far reaching, yet smooth blend of light — elevating forward projection lighting into the next generation!

If you want to stay ahead of the competition with farthest reaching product on the market, look no further!

LEARN MORE

www.bajadesigns.com

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Ok, so I’m going to need a pod mount, bluetooth connected and slaved to my safety glasses, so the light points where I look.

wreedsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a guide with pictures on how to wire these lights to the AUX switches? Anyone use quick connect type adapters instead of butt connectors?

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a guide with pictures on how to wire these lights to the AUX switches? Anyone use quick connect type adapters instead of butt connectors?

Don’t use the 3M scotchlock push on connectors. They are guaranteed to fail at some point. Instead either solder or use Weatherpak or Deutsch crimp connectors.

Do a search and you’ll find a thread from a BMW tech that’s good.

It’s not that hard. Go slow and you’ll do fine

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added a 30 inch onx6Hi to my 2 XL80s. Pretty good combo.

@FullAuto svc doesnt have a way to mount a baja designs bar to their bumpers yet. I had to weld my own. They pretty much make you buy a KC or visions X with how the bumper is made.

Any idea whether the S8 30" would have the same mounting issue with the SVC Baja bumper (I ordered one Thursday without a light bar)? I assume so...