Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread - GEN 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Black Friday sale is on!

38471972721_6061c15b97_b.jpg

Baja Designs is offering Black Friday Cash Back Rebates to retail customers that make a purchase between 11/20/2017 and 11/27/2017! Orders placed directly through Baja Designs, or through authorized dealers are both eligible. Simply place a qualifying order, fill out the rebate form and mail it back with a copy of your invoice within 30 days and we will send you a check for said value!

Mail to:
ATTN: Black Friday Rebate
185 Bosstick Blvd.
San Marcos, CA 92069

Please see the below link for more details:
https://www.bajadesigns.com/home/blackfriday.asp

Let us know if you have any questions!

-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

Enter BDForums discount code for 10% OFF + $5 Shipping to the Lower 48!

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Bailey can you clear something up for everybody. We're getting a lot of customers asking the same thing.

The cash back rebate DOES NOT include the Raptor Kits (Sportsmen/Pro/Unlimited) or the Grille kits, correct. As those are bundled kits. This is only when you purchase the individual lights listed on the rebate form?

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Bailey can you clear something up for everybody. We're getting a lot of customers asking the same thing.

The cash back rebate DOES NOT include the Raptor Kits (Sportsmen/Pro/Unlimited) or the Grille kits, correct. As those are bundled kits. This is only when you purchase the individual lights listed on the rebate form?

The rebate applies to the items listed above AND also applies to kits that include those applicable items.

Example #1)
A Gen 2 Raptor, 30" S8 Kit (here) includes a 30" S8 LED Light Bar. That will apply for our $150 cash back rebate.
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Ford-Raptor-2017-30-S8-Grille-LED-Light-Bar-Kit.asp

Example #2)
A Gen 2 Raptor, Unlimited Fog Kit (here) includes 3 pairs of lights (2 Squadron Pairs, 1 S2 Pair). This would fit our $50 rebate for those pairs but would equate to $150 for the 3 pairs total.
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Ford-Raptor-2017-Fog-Pocket-Kit-Unlimited.asp

BrettLF

Reaction score
Baja Designs or anyone else willing to help out -

Hi I have a few questions i was hoping you can help me with.

I am looking at one of your kits to install in my 18 Raptor. I am looking at the Sportsman's package maybe something else if needed.

I am looking for some lights to help with driving down very dark roads at night on my way up hunting so i can see them whitetails before they jump out in front of me, lol. Also i am looking for something to help in the fog along with heavy rain and snow.

I would assume the Sportsman's package would do or would you suggest the Pros instead for my needs. Also would there be any benefit to adding amber lenses on any of the lights and which would you suggest adding the amber lenses to?

Thanks

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I am looking at one of your kits to install in my 18 Raptor. I am looking at the Sportsman's package maybe something else if needed.

I am looking for some lights to help with driving down very dark roads at night on my way up hunting so i can see them whitetails before they jump out in front of me, lol. Also i am looking for something to help in the fog along with heavy rain and snow.

I would assume the Sportsman's package would do or would you suggest the Pros instead for my needs. Also would there be any benefit to adding amber lenses on any of the lights and which would you suggest adding the amber lenses to?

Thanks

Let's say you get the Sportsmen.
It comes with Spot, Driving, and Wide.
IMO I would get the Driving and Wide in Amber, Spot in clear.
I would hook the Driving and Wide to the same switch, but have the Driving triggered by the high beams. Spot on a separate switch, but also triggered by high beams.

Just how I would run it.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks

Personally, I would recommend the Pro kit for your needs. If you're driving on desolate/dark roads, the added brightness of the Squadron Pro (4,900 lumens) over the Squadron Sport (1,900 lumens) will have a substantial impact on your ability to spot critters.

Also, with the Pro kit, you still have the S2 Sport light in a Wide Cornering lens which is the most "road friendly" light that Baja Designs offers.

Amber is meant for use in more hazardous driving conditions where you're visibility would be negatively impacted by white light being reflected back to you. For conditions like fog, rain, dust, or snow, an amber light will increase visibility by decreasing reflectivity. When going with amber, you have the option to have dedicated lenses or by adding Baja Designs Rock Guards which are a snap-on cover that you can easily pop on and off as your needs change. As for which option is better, that really depends on your personal needs and preference.

Hope this helps!

If you want to trigger via high-beams, do you need to add relays?

Yes, you would need to add a relay to accomplish this. You would have two options:

1. Use the high beam wire as the trigger wire for the relay and pull power directly from the battery. This method would activate the auxiliary light every time the high beam was activated.

2. Use the high beam wire as the trigger wire for the relay and pull power from the Aux switch. This way, the Aux switch would effectively "arm" the auxiliary lights, but they wouldn't be activated until you hit the high beam switch. This method would allow you to choose whether or not your high beams switch activated your high beams only or activated your auxiliary lights and your high beams.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Baja Designs,
Have y'all ever considered making a single led light utilizing one of y'all 20watt led like what's in the XL80 and such? Would be super compact and easy to mount but hella bright.

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Baja Designs,
Have y'all ever considered making a single led light utilizing one of y'all 20watt led like what's in the XL80 and such? Would be super compact and easy to mount but hella bright.

We have thought about it. Currently one of the big drawbacks of the 20W XHP50 LED is heat. Because of the draw and size of the LED it would be hard to keep it cool in a compact package. With that being said you never know what we might release next! We do have Laser technology coming and are constantly testing new products.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have thought about it. Currently one of the big drawbacks of the 20W XHP50 LED is heat. Because of the draw and size of the LED it would be hard to keep it cool in a compact package. With that being said you never know what we might release next! We do have Laser technology coming and are constantly testing new products.

Well if y'all could figure those out I would be first in line for them!
And if you need a test pig, I have the raptor and a JK. and the JK is not to far from y'all I Redondo Beach.
Keep up the good work guys! Thanks.
Jake