Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread - GEN 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chev,

What I did was get the OnX6 kit for the lower grill from baja designs. It is driving combo. You can get a discount code from them/Bailey for 15% OFF. I then bought the fordraptorlights fog insert from Jeff. I decided to go with Baja lights in that kit and specifically one in pro spot and one in pro wide cornering. The 3rd light is the KC flex which a got the amber cover. It is spot configuration. This set up seems to work great.

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chev,

What I did was get the OnX6 kit for the lower grill from baja designs. It is driving combo. You can get a discount code from them/Bailey for 15% OFF. I then bought the fordraptorlights fog insert from Jeff. I decided to go with Baja lights in that kit and specifically one in pro spot and one in pro wide cornering. The 3rd light is the KC flex which a got the amber cover. It is spot configuration. This set up seems to work great.

So you change the standard Baja pro cubes light suggestion from driving combo, to wide cornering, because the Onx does the driving combo, correct?

How is the distance lighting? Still decent and awesome?

Thanks for your (and hk) help to spend more money!

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Are you guys running your OnX6 lights on while normally driving? I think the idea is OnX is for off-roading while the fog light packages are for everyday use?

I personally like wiring up the S2 and one of the Squadrons for always on use and then the 2nd pair of squadrons with an amber set for that ADDED (crappy weather) lighting... and then of course the OnX for even more lighting. That's my recomendation usually

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well actually I am still working on learning how to drive "normally". But I will say this, these baja lights are not made for on road use. I live in the country so when I am the only one on the road, and this is fairly often, I light them all up (OnX6, and all of the fogs). If a cop sees this you may get pulled over. I can't get away with driving by people without getting flashed with any set of the BD lights on. I have the smaller spot kc flex with an amber cover and I have gotten away with leaving that on and driving by people but it is still not legal and probably still too bright.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you guys running your OnX6 lights on while normally driving? I think the idea is OnX is for off-roading while the fog light packages are for everyday use?

I personally like wiring up the S2 and one of the Squadrons for always on use and then the 2nd pair of squadrons with an amber set for that ADDED (crappy weather) lighting... and then of course the OnX for even more lighting. That's my recomendation usually

They are all for off road use. The only lights you'll get way with running normally are the S2 wide cornering on the outside as fogs.

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For anyone that is interested in some slightly blemished product take a look at our Scratch/Dent thread. These can't be sold as NEW so we are selling them for 25% OFF !!!
The listed products have scratches, scuffs, or other external damage, however all of these products are still completely functional.
All Products maintain the Limited Lifetime Warranty and are at great discounted prices!!!
www.bajadesigns.com

Please Call 800-422-5292x114 (Bailey) or PM to confirm availability
****Updated 7/27/17****

LED LIGHT BARS:
ONX6 LED Light Bars
OnX6 10" Driving/Combo - $429.95 ------ $322.46
OnX6 20" Driving/Combo - $769.95 ------ $577.46
OnX6 40" Dual Control (Amber/White) - $1449.95 ------ $1087.46

S8 LED Light Bars
S8 20" Driving/Combo - $579.00 ------ $434.25
S8 30" Driving/Combo - $849.00 ------ $636.75

Rear Tail Lights - RTL Series