Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread - GEN 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

consolidated

Reaction score
For anyone confused about the wiring in our fog kits.

33583312996_b187296a17_b.jpgr

Very helpful. I figured it out but it's good to have confirmation. Can you sell me the additional wiring needed to use three switches instead of ganging two pairs together? I believe I would need an additional 55" splitter but could be wrong.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Very helpful. I figured it out but it's good to have confirmation. Can you sell me the additional wiring needed to use three switches instead of ganging two pairs together? I believe I would need an additional 55" splitter but could be wrong.

Get with me, I can get you taken care of if you wanted to stick with who you got the kit from, if not can you shoot me a PM and tell me what I might of done wrong?

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

For customers wanting to run three switches instead of two, they will need to purchase the following:

QTY: 1 - Upfitter Harness (640093)
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/ford-upfitter-wiring-harness-squadron-pro-sport-s2.asp
$13.95 ------ $12.55

QTY: 1 - 55" Splitter (613606)
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/squadron-s2-wire-harness-splitter-55-universal.asp
$44.95 ------ $40.46

Please call me at (800)422-5292x114 if you'd like to order with FRF discount. Thanks!

-Bailey, Baja Designs

consolidated

Reaction score
Get with me, I can get you taken care of if you wanted to stick with who you got the kit from, if not can you shoot me a PM and tell me what I might of done wrong?
Hey Rick, your awesome, nothing wrong done at all. Those that want three switches just need two extra splitters, which I'm happy to pay for. I'll pm you.

Thanks to you and BD for both following up and so quickly, wish the rest of world worked like this!!!

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We are currently experiencing longer lead times than normal. Most orders are shipping in 3-4 business days unless otherwise noted.
If you pay extra for NEXT, NEXT Day Saver, or Second Day shipping we will get your order out in 1 business day depending on when the order is placed.

2017 Raptor Kits, Shipment Dates
Sportsmen & Pro Fog Kit - Week of 4/10
Unlimited Fog Kit - SHIPMENT ETA COMING SOON
30" S8 Grille Kit - SHIPMENT ETA COMING SOON
Lower 10" OnX6 Hi-Power Kit - SHIPMENT ETA COMING SOON
S2 Sport Reverse Light Kit - Week of 4/10

Please call (800)422-5292 to confirm lead times and product availability.

Thank You!
-Bailey, Baja Designs

[email protected] - www.bajadesigns.com - (800)422-5292x114

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just doing a little math, the unlimited kit is pushing the 15 amp upfitters at 13.66 amps.

The unlimited kit will be 13.32 Amps for the 4 Squadron Series lights (3.33A/ea). With the gauge wire used and the components involved you won't have an issue with the 15 amp fuse. The voltage drop (if voltage drops, amps rise) would be very minimal.

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The unlimited kit will be 13.32 Amps for the 4 Squadron Series lights (3.33A/ea). With the gauge wire used and the components involved you won't have an issue with the 15 amp fuse. The voltage drop (if voltage drops, amps rise) would be very minimal.

The website shows the Squadron Racers at 3.33a and the squadron Pro at 3.5a, 13.66a total. I agree doable with the minimal voltage drop, but right on the edge.

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The website shows the Squadron Racers at 3.33a and the squadron Pro at 3.5a, 13.66a total. I agree doable with the minimal voltage drop, but right on the edge.

Thank You for the heads up! We will update the site with current product info. You will definitely be fine with the 15A fuse and our wiring kit :biggrin: