Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Lighting Forum [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.


Ford Raptor Lighting Forum [GEN 2]

Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread - GEN 2


This is a discussion on Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread - GEN 2 within the Ford Raptor Lighting Forum [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
This is a Baja Designs GEN 2 General Discussion Thread! www.bajadesigns.com A place to post: -Product information -Photos -Questions -Complaints ...


User Tag List

Like Tree266Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2017, 01:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
 
Baja Designs's Avatar
Supporting Vendor

 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 785
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread - GEN 2
This is a Baja Designs GEN 2 General Discussion Thread!
www.bajadesigns.com

A place to post:
-Product information
-Photos
-Questions
-Complaints and comments

Have our lights or want to know more about our products?
Please post up!

_______________________________________________

www.bajadesigns.com
ENTER: "BDForums" to save 10% + Discounted Shipping!
- Bailey, Baja Designs
_______________________________________________



Baja Designs - Ford Raptor Lighting Kits - Gen 2 (2017)
www.bajadesigns.com



Fog Pocket Kit
These kits include lights, mounts, and Raptor specific wiring. This is wired into 2 Upfitter Switches. Switch 1 - 4 Lights , Switch 2 - 2 Lights.
We offer these in 3 performance packages based on user needs and driving style. "Sportsmen, Pro, and Unlimited"
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products...otive-Kits.asp

Sportsmen - $999.95
2 - S2 Sport, Wide Cornering
2 - Squadron Sport, Driving/Combo
2 - Squadron Sport, Spot

Pro - $1,299.95
2 - S2 Sport, Wide Cornering
2 - Squadron Pro, Driving/Combo
2 - Squadron Pro, Spot

Unlimited - $1,424.95
2 - S2 Pro, Wide Cornering
2 - Squadron Pro, Driving/Combo
2 - Squadron Racer, Spot




30" S8, Upper Grille Kit - $974.95
This kit includes lights, mounts, and Raptor specific wiring. This will add one 30" S8 Driving/Combo, LED Light Bar to the upper grille and plug directly into the upfitter connection.
A nice option is to tie the Amber Backlight feature into the OEM parking lights. You have clean marker lights that will line up perfectly with the OEM!
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products...ht-Bar-Kit.asp




10" OnX6 Hi-Power, Lower Grille Kit - $624.95

This include on 10" OnX6 Hi-Power, Raptor specific mount, and upfitter wiring harness. You can cleanly add 11,650 lumens to your truck with a quick and easy installation!
The Hi-Power is setup in a Driving/Combo for maximum performance over the majority of our lighting zones. Call today and save 10%!
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products...le-LED-Kit.asp





Reverse Light Kit - $299.95
This kit includes lights, mounts, and Raptor specific wiring. This will add two S2 Sports (Wide Cornering) near the exhaust tips and will be hooked into the OEM wiring in the rear.
You get a much brighter setup than stock with only +1.8 amps additional draw!
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products...-Light-Kit.asp




_______________________________________________

www.bajadesigns.com
Enter "BDForums" when checking out to apply your forum discount + discounted shipping!
- Bailey, Baja Designs
_______________________________________________







__________________
ENTER BDForums coupon code at checkout to save 10% + $5 Shipping to the Lower 48!
bajadesigns.com - Facebook - Instagram - [email protected] - (800)422-5292
Baja Designs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member

 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: baltimore
Age: 55
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default fog lights
your list has me covered...for now. Most interested in LED fog lights kit for stock bumper pockets.
gettinjiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member

 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by Baja Designs View Post
This is a Baja Designs GEN 2 General Discussion Thread!
www.bajadesigns.com

A place to post:
-Product information
-Photos
-Questions
-Complaints and comments

Have our lights or want to know more about our products?
Please post up!

_______________________________________________

We are currently working on our Gen 2 Lighting Kits! What would you like to see for the Gen 2 Raptor?
Post up!

Current Projects:
- Fog Pocket Kit
- Behind the Grille, LED Lightbar Kit
- Dust/Reverse Light Kit
- And More!!!

________________________________________________

This is for GEN 2 Raptors, For GEN 1 see below:
Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread


Fog lights please and thank you!
That Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member

 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Age: 29
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
fog light pods bracket and a maybe a s8 behind the vent in the bottom of the grill...
ScorchedEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 02:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member

 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Oklahoma City
Age: 33
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Would purchase fog lights kit for stock bumper pockets right away.
spencerh84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 03:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
 
Baja Designs's Avatar
Supporting Vendor

 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 785
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default
Teaser Shot! Ford Raptor - Gen 2 - S8 30" LED Light Bar, BTG

Lighting Shown:
S8, 30" LED Light Bar, Driving/Combo

Package:
https://www.bajadesigns.com/pc_produ...19670F4C460226






Originally Posted by gettinjiggy View Post
your list has me covered...for now. Most interested in LED fog lights kit for stock bumper pockets.
Originally Posted by That Dude View Post
Fog lights please and thank you!
Originally Posted by ScorchedEarth View Post
fog light pods bracket and a maybe a s8 behind the vent in the bottom of the grill...
Originally Posted by spencerh84 View Post
Would purchase fog lights kit for stock bumper pockets right away.

Thanks for posting up! We are looking at a mounting system that will more than likely incorporate the following:

*NOTE: This is just a prototype. Production options may vary

- (4) Squadron Series, LED Auxiliary Lights (HERE)
- (2) S2 Series Lights, LED Auxiliary Lights (HERE)
- Can Mix and Max 6 Squadron/S2 Series Lights. (3 Per Side)

EDIT: SEE OP FOR KIT LINKS

-Bailey, Baja Designs
Ballistic likes this.


__________________
ENTER BDForums coupon code at checkout to save 10% + $5 Shipping to the Lower 48!
bajadesigns.com - Facebook - Instagram - [email protected] - (800)422-5292
Baja Designs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 05:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member

 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
BD-

Glad to see you working on this. I've definitely decided your lights are what I'd like to use. Just sharing my thoughts for what they're worth:

- I want to see the fog pocket kit and may go that route when a kit is available. However, I find myself really liking those pockets open for some reason, so I've been hoping to see some other type of low profile/minimalist bumper light mount as an option. At least for me, I don't want to add an aftermarket bumper that weighs more and changes the looks that much (admit they look great though- ADD, Rogue, etc.), and I suspect for those with the 802A package, may interfere with the adaptive cruise control module and/or front camera view.
- As much as I'd like to have zillion lumens on the front end, for my needs I'm thinking I need a combination on-road and off-road option that isn't overkill. In this case, I was thinking a pair of Squadron Pros for off-road use, and while not street legal, another pair of S2 Pros to use on lightly travelled roads when dark or in bad weather (of course wired separately). I think for many folks it's just not practical to have a 30"+ bar mounted that they can rarely use unless they're truly off-road. A Squadron/S2-combo might cover the bases, or something similar. I've actually tried to envision a pair of both up on the top of the bumper lip and I kinda like the option.
- Behind the grill looks clean, but always concerned about output reduction, especially for the wider pattern lenses. Also, at least in my state, I'm stuck with a front plate, so I'm leery of closing more of the airflow through the grill. But it's an option I'd consider.
- Overall, I want a high/low output option that isn't over the top, and looks good.

It's always a compromise between looks, performance and cost, but I think it's great you're taking input on the forum and I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Thanks.
Seartrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 07:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
 
Baja Designs's Avatar
Supporting Vendor

 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 785
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default
Originally Posted by Seartrip View Post
BD-

Glad to see you working on this. I've definitely decided your lights are what I'd like to use. Just sharing my thoughts for what they're worth:

- I want to see the fog pocket kit and may go that route when a kit is available. However, I find myself really liking those pockets open for some reason, so I've been hoping to see some other type of low profile/minimalist bumper light mount as an option. At least for me, I don't want to add an aftermarket bumper that weighs more and changes the looks that much (admit they look great though- ADD, Rogue, etc.), and I suspect for those with the 802A package, may interfere with the adaptive cruise control module and/or front camera view.
- As much as I'd like to have zillion lumens on the front end, for my needs I'm thinking I need a combination on-road and off-road option that isn't overkill. In this case, I was thinking a pair of Squadron Pros for off-road use, and while not street legal, another pair of S2 Pros to use on lightly travelled roads when dark or in bad weather (of course wired separately). I think for many folks it's just not practical to have a 30"+ bar mounted that they can rarely use unless they're truly off-road. A Squadron/S2-combo might cover the bases, or something similar. I've actually tried to envision a pair of both up on the top of the bumper lip and I kinda like the option.
- Behind the grill looks clean, but always concerned about output reduction, especially for the wider pattern lenses. Also, at least in my state, I'm stuck with a front plate, so I'm leery of closing more of the airflow through the grill. But it's an option I'd consider.
- Overall, I want a high/low output option that isn't over the top, and looks good.

It's always a compromise between looks, performance and cost, but I think it's great you're taking input on the forum and I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Thanks.

Thanks for posting up! I should have some more teaser shots up today or tomorrow morning. Our engineers are working hard trying to get these kits to be the perfect blend of looks and performance.

- I definitely know what you mean about the open style pocket. With this option you can have anywhere from 1-3 Pairs of lights. Having 1 would maintain some of the open look.

- The nice thing about having different kits is it gives you a variety of different options for lights based on your needs. For example, you can have one pair of Squadron Sports in Wide Cornering as Fog Lights. When aimed correctly they are our most "Street Friendly" Lights. We will be offering an S2 Sport soon so that might be a great option for you!

- Mounting the light behind the grille will reduce the output slightly. A big plus of having the lights tucked away is the theft deterrent. They aren't so noticeable back there and it will take some time to try to break them out.

- Using our OnX6 Series Light Bars you can have a High/Lo functionality. The OnX6, OnX6 Racer, and OnX6 Hi-Power have a built in dimming feature. While they don't dim enough for street use, it is very nice for poor weather conditions or situations with lots of glare

-Bailey, Baja Designs


_______________________________________



Teaser Shot! Ford Raptor Gen 2 - Lighting Packages:

- 30" S8, LED Light Bar, BTG (HERE)
- (4) Squadron Series, LED Auxiliary Lights (HERE)
- (2) S2 Series Lights, LED Auxiliary Lights HERE)
- 10" OnX6 Hi-Power, Lower Grille (HERE)

*NOTE: This is just a prototype. Production options may vary. Raptor Specific Kits COMING SOON



__________________
ENTER BDForums coupon code at checkout to save 10% + $5 Shipping to the Lower 48!
bajadesigns.com - Facebook - Instagram - [email protected] - (800)422-5292
Baja Designs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 07:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
 
cpetes's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: DFW
Age: 27
Posts: 616
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Looks pretty killer!


__________________
2014 Raptor Screw | #1559 of 1634 in Race Red | #21356 of 22409
www.StarwoodCustoms.com
Ask me about KEVLAR coating!
#MakeFRFGreatAgain
cpetes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 07:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
 
Brodee42's Avatar
Junior Member

 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Man! I'd buy this setup today if available!!
Brodee42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread Baja Designs Ford Raptor Lighting Modifications Forum [GEN 1] 390 Today 01:23 PM
Has anyone run the Baja Designs Arc Bar? SilentShooter Ford Raptor Lighting Modifications Forum [GEN 1] 4 07-10-2014 01:46 PM
Fox vs Icon random discussion thread Westside Offroad Group Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1] 131 03-27-2014 10:10 PM
Ecoboost Baja Truck on General Tires... frogslinger Ford Raptor Wheels & Tires Forum [GEN 1] 16 03-21-2013 10:07 PM
FRF Referral Bonus Contest Discussion Thread BIRDMAN Site News 171 04-21-2011 09:58 PM



GM Truck Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
Dodge Ram Forum
Chevy Cobalt Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
FJ Cruiser Forum
Ford Truck Forum
88-98 GM Truck Forum
73-87 Gm Truck Forum
Ford Expedition Forum
Chevy Equinox Forum
Chevy Cruze Forum
Jeep Liberty Forum
Jeep Forum
Dodge Ram SRT10 Forum
Chrysler 200 Forum
Scion xD Forum
Scion xB Forum
Dodge Challenger Forum
SRT Forum
Nissan Titan Forum
Buick Enclave Forum
Land Rover Forum
Scion FR-S Forum
TRD Forum
Central US Mopars
Southeast Mopars
Cadillac CTS Forum
Oklahoma Dodge Ram Club
Softball Forum