Backup lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks!. I installed Rigid Ignites in the bumper and just need to wire them up. I temporally hooked one up to test before I cut the bumper and they were very effective.

Rigid_zpsmf60txzd.jpg

IMG_2699_zpsrj8dtlia.jpg

Those look nice. Very low profile.

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I re-wired my PUTCO blade today per the included instructions. I tried it with a harness, but I kept getting error messages that a trailer is connected and disconnected. The truck was out smarting itself do to the trailer detection system. I had to tap into the tail light wires for left and right turn signal, break lights, running lights, and reverse light. It took some time but was well worth it. This thing is sweat. It looks great and works well. There is a video on the PUTCO website of how the light works/looks. If you have the BLISS trailer detection system you have to get the model #92009-60 and you can't use an aftermarket plug and play harness unless you don't mind error messages all the time. You will have to do some electrical wiring work.

Below is a great diagram if you want to pull out your tail light and tap the wires for whatever reverse lights you are using.

I keep wondering why you have the issue with the CURT harness and I don't...

Knowing that the trailer detection works off the power draw, the most likely source is the red wire from the PUTCO that you have to cut and tap per the instructions. If it wasn't cut or wired from the correct side, then that could explain it. I tapped that wire to the running light pin in the CURT harness, and then it didn't get power until I did the jumper under the dash per the instructions.

All-in-all, you got it to work in the end, which is all that really matters.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks!. I installed Rigid Ignites in the bumper and just need to wire them up. I temporally hooked one up to test before I cut the bumper and they were very effective.

IMG_2699_zpsrj8dtlia.jpg

Looks like you went diffused. Wonder which is better for this purpose.....diffused or flood?

marsh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you went diffused. Wonder which is better for this purpose.....diffused or flood?

It's what Rigid puts in their "Backup Light Kit". I have no way to compare but think it is the right choice to get a better view with the backup camera.

duke92

Reaction score
I wanted flush mount and this was the only option I could find that would fit. There is plenty of room behind the bumper but very limited flat surface to mount anything on.

You don't think the flush mount Baja design s2 will fit?

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the look of the flush mounts as well. Too chicken to cut into my new bumper though!

But I also think the way ford put those two bolts to the left and right of the tow hooks in the back are a perfect place for the S2...

So if you don't want to cut your bumper, there's your solution. I just installed mine today. Held off on wiring until I have it dialed in two do both reverse, and Aux 6.

Then I have the best of Both Worlds ( to steal a phrase):biggrin: