Back up lights. BD s2 vs Rigid ignite

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Can you sell those harnesses by themselves? I'd be interested in getting that. Mine comes on with reverse right now but I'd love to be able to turn them on with an uplifter switch too.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

How did you add those clear lens? Did you cut holes in your bumper and add those lens? Great concept! Looks very clean!

Yes we can. The harness is $100 shipped CONUS. They're built to order and will work with Rigid or Baja Designs lights. Which lights are you running?

atomic80

Reaction score
Yes we can. The harness is $100 shipped CONUS. They're built to order and will work with Rigid or Baja Designs lights. Which lights are you running?

Mine is already wired into the trailer hitch output. Would it be easy to change those out? Send me a PM.. I'm running those S2 BajaDesign lights on mine.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Mine is already wired into the trailer hitch output. Would it be easy to change those out? Send me a PM.. I'm running those S2 BajaDesign lights on mine.

Yes, the harness will work will work with the connection to the trailer harness reverse pin. So you can keep that connection there and run it to the harness and then run the rest of the wiring up and under the hood for your upfitter switch.

Chas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with flush mounted Rigid Ignite's in the rear bumper. I originally ordered the D-series flush mount with the diffused lens, but they were too big to fit anywhere reasonably with the sharp radius of the factory bumper.

IgVB02T.jpg
h1nfqXr.jpg

Hilowaiian

Reaction score
@Chas

how did you wire your lights up? It has been said that tapping directly into the reverse light wire is not recommended.

atomic80

Reaction score
I bought the harness from Nick at Apollo Optics that wires the S2s into the reverse light AND the uplift switch so now they come on in reverse and/if I flip the switch. Just the way I like it.

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with flush mounted Rigid Ignite's in the rear bumper. I originally ordered the D-series flush mount with the diffused lens, but they were too big to fit anywhere reasonably with the sharp radius of the factory bumper.

IgVB02T.jpg
h1nfqXr.jpg

how do you like the light output on these? i back into my driveway to pull into my garage and the factory backup lights are horrible.

Chas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry was out of town just now checking in. I use them mainly to hook up a trailer or for additional lighting when closing a cattle gate behind me. I think they put out way better than factory backup lights. When backing into the garage at night they work great . Hope this helps