Back up lights. BD s2 vs Rigid ignite

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Tcspase

Reaction score
Any pics of this installed? I want to get some backup lights, but I want something flush mount. I haven’t seen any on the stock bumper so far.

Not yet. I get my truck in April. I’ll make sure to post up the pictures when I install them. I’m going to do some drone footage of all the lights I am installing so people can get a good idea of brightness and cast distance.

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On top of the trailer hitch, looking on the back side there is a half cutout on both sides of the factory hitch. Drilled small holes then painted and installed. Hooked mine up to reverse lights off the round trailer plug.

They are Rigid surface mounts

Was happy with the cleaner look vs the alternatives Ive seen.

I like it, Can we get some close-ups?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Are you guys tying them into Reverse or just putting on Aux switch?

As designed, the kit taps directly into the reverse lights. That said, you can wire directly to your up fitter switch as long as you run the wires up front.

Additionally, we also offer a harness that will allow you to connect the lights to your up fitter and have them kick on automatically with reverse. The harness has the proper relays and diodes as well.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put 2 white S2pro's behind clear lenses along with 1 red S2pro on the driver's side

Way more light than the Rigid flush mounts we tried

Too much light frankly, I think white S2sport's would be perfect as I get some washout at night

wdJYjGa.jpg

atomic80

Reaction score
As designed, the kit taps directly into the reverse lights. That said, you can wire directly to your up fitter switch as long as you run the wires up front.

Additionally, we also offer a harness that will allow you to connect the lights to your up fitter and have them kick on automatically with reverse. The harness has the proper relays and diodes as well.

Can you sell those harnesses by themselves? I'd be interested in getting that. Mine comes on with reverse right now but I'd love to be able to turn them on with an uplifter switch too.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

I put 2 white S2pro's behind clear lenses along with 1 red S2pro on the driver's side

Way more light than the Rigid flush mounts we tried

Too much light frankly, I think white S2sport's would be perfect as I get some washout at night

wdJYjGa.jpg

How did you add those clear lens? Did you cut holes in your bumper and add those lens? Great concept! Looks very clean!

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you add those clear lens? Did you cut holes in your bumper and add those lens? Great concept! Looks very clean!

Yes bumper was being removed anyway for Line X so the shop cut the bumper and put in the clear lenses

Mountainkiter

Reaction score
went with rigid ignites

After seeing the pics I also wanted the lights to tuck away without being too out there. these light are very bright without being blinding. Bought the surface mounts and tapped center wire on trailor harness. pretty easy . Diffuser pattern spreads lights nicely. helps out with back up camera or if working behind the truck.

0409182020_opt.jpg

0409181958b_opt.jpg

0409181958a_opt.jpg

0409181956a_opt.jpg