Auxbeam vs. Rigid Industries

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rms8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have been researching lights so when my year long wait is finally over, I can start adding to my Raptor.

I am amazed at the severe price difference between LED lights. In the linked vid below, he does a VERY THOROUGH review of an Auxbeam and it's equivalent Rigid LED light.

Had I not seen this video I would have simply got the least expensive lights. The guy in this vid actually had a prior set of Auxbeam AND Rigids he had installed on his Jeep for nearly a year. The case of the Auxbeams has faded dramatically and the lenses have started to yellow, but the Rigid look brand new.

He also does comprehensive side-by-side light output comparisons. I hate to say it, but I may have to pony up and get the ridiculous $$$ Rigids.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GURIBkndc8Q

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You get what you pay for when it come to LED lighting. Rigid, K.C., VisionX and Baja Design are just better than Chinese knock offs. Check out the Baja Designs fog light kit for the Gen2, its a cool set up.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Chinese lights are great for mounting behind the grill. No point in paying a premium only to lose half the light output due to mounting location. For lights in locations where more the light is more usable, I'm of the buy once and cry once mentality. I've got a mixture of Whelen and Vision-X lights.

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a ton of chinese junk lights on Ebay that actually are pretty decent but the whole you get what you pay for thing is LEGIT. Check out Baja Designs as previously mentioned. They are by far my favorite and have in my opinion the best construction, beam pattern and aesthetics. The Rigid's in my opinion look just like the rest of the chinese junk on the market. They are good lights but then practically every other light on the street will look just like yours. I'm still a fan of the "old school" lol HID's.

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

Chinese lights are great for mounting behind the grill. No point in paying a premium only to lose half the light output due to mounting location. For lights in locations where more the light is more usable, I'm of the buy once and cry once mentality. I've got a mixture of Whelen and Vision-X lights.

Oh how I miss Norman! BOOMER SOONER!