Any1 install single stack LED Bar on OEM bumper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The idea of having that much light from behind the grill is great, but seeing those light bars behind the grill when they're not on detracts from the look of the Raptor like a distraction, just my opinion...

Maybe (hopefully) after time he'll come down in price...it's a very niche market.

Ugh, I know. I was thinking of tinting them as another member had done that on the Baja S8 kit and it looked pretty good.

Still up in the air on this one, but that Putco one is definitely a contender.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

[/COLOR]Checking Putco's site: Luminix EDGE Straight & Curved LED Light Bars by PUTCO

I am now drooling...400 Lumens per LED...I counted quick, but looks like 6 banks of 9 LEDs...Math works out to a Rigid Dually of 21,600...Like the looks better too...but JUST getting info as I type...

So the link you gave is for the Luminex Edge while the one in the video looks to just be the Luminex (which I think looks better FWIW). I think the one you were looking at was the 50" cause the 40" of the Edge appears to have 5 banks of 9 for 18,000 lumens. The regular Luninux is 39 LEDs of 400 lumens each for 15,600.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugh, I know. I was thinking of tinting them as another member had done that on the Baja S8 kit and it looked pretty good.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

So the link you gave is for the Luminex Edge while the one in the video looks to just be the Luminex (which I think looks better FWIW). I think the one you were looking at was the 50" cause the 40" of the Edge appears to have 5 banks of 9 for 18,000 lumens. The regular Luninux is 39 LEDs of 400 lumens each for 15,600.

Yes, I think I miscounted in my haste...and there are two different part numbers with one having a 2nd digit of 0 and the other one's 2nd digit being 1. I would HOPE for the money...the Optics are on Par with Rigid/BD...b/c these are by no means cheap...but what they are is Exactly what I think a lot of people want.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like he's charging $165 for the hardware then:

Putco 10046 40" Curved Luminix High Power LED Light Bar https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IE05TC2/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

It looks great because it looks almost factory, but the $575 price for the dual 40's behind the grille from M&R seems like it might be the better option.

Edit: Actually some of that hardware might come from the manufacturer. Not sure what he's adding for his patented mounting system.

Looks like he made spacers out of Black Nylon, and he's also possibly including those large pan head black bolts to mount those spacers through the grill and back to the Nylock Nuts and Washers on the inside of the grill.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do you order the mounting kit?

Most of that stuff comes with the kits I am told.

The crazy looking bolts are called Elevator Bolts (Thanks 1/2 hr of Google) and I believe the black spacers are solid rubber...Neoprene maybe...with either a punch or wood working square bits...assumably so that the square collars of the Elevator Bolts won't just spin when being tightened...Like a Carriage Bolt.

marsh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of that stuff comes with the kits I am told.

The crazy looking bolts are called Elevator Bolts (Thanks 1/2 hr of Google) and I believe the black spacers are solid rubber...Neoprene maybe...with either a punch or wood working square bits...assumably so that the square collars of the Elevator Bolts won't just spin when being tightened...Like a Carriage Bolt.

I am looking for where to just buy the kit

Mbling52

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Wouldn't a rigid midnight edition do the trick? I was thinking about doing that behind the grill until I get an aftermarket bumper once I get mine. That way it doesn't stick out so much behind the grill like the regular ones do