Any1 install single stack LED Bar on OEM bumper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rms8

rms8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks great because it looks almost factory, but the $575 price for the dual 40's behind the grille from M&R seems like it might be the better option.

The idea of having that much light from behind the grill is great, but seeing those light bars behind the grill when they're not on detracts from the look of the Raptor like a distraction, just my opinion...

Maybe (hopefully) after time he'll come down in price...it's a very niche market.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally do not like the behind the grill look...and on my 14 it definitely hurts output...I am ALL OVER this Putco Light Bar...Lumens are 15K+ so VERY close to Rigid Dual 40 Radius, and the look is CLEAN...

Just need to check into Warranty, Waterproof Rating, etc...and if all checks out to be similar to Rigid and Baja Designs...I am SOLD.

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

Checking Putco's site: Luminix EDGE Straight & Curved LED Light Bars by PUTCO

I am now drooling...400 Lumens per LED...I counted quick, but looks like 6 banks of 9 LEDs...Math works out to a Rigid Dually of 21,600...Like the looks better too...but JUST getting info as I type...

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I personally do not like the behind the grill look...and on my 14 it definitely hurts output...I am ALL OVER this Putco Light Bar...Lumens are 15K+ so VERY close to Rigid Dual 40 Radius, and the look is CLEAN...

Just need to check into Warranty, Waterproof Rating, etc...and if all checks out to be similar to Rigid and Baja Designs...I am SOLD.

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

Checking Putco's site: Luminix EDGE Straight & Curved LED Light Bars by PUTCO

I am now drooling...400 Lumens per LED...I counted quick, but looks like 6 banks of 9 LEDs...Math works out to a Rigid Dually of 21,600...Like the looks better too...but JUST getting info as I type...

Don't get too excited yet. The thing that makes the Baja Designs and Rigids what they are, is their optic technology. High power LED's are readily available and accessible to everyone, but the optics is the most important factor IMO.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't get too excited yet. The thing that makes the Baja Designs and Rigids what they are, is their optic technology. High power LED's are readily available and accessible to everyone, but the optics is the most important factor IMO.

100% True, and I know Rigid use Cree, and I believe BD does as well, as these are a Step Down, but to be honest I am not blown away by the Fog Pockets I have from BD...like at all...and I know the higher up the LED Light Bar the much more effective it is...and Putco is a known name...and honestly at a Grand...this is the same pricing as Rigid...so the Quality/Optics/Lumens, etc...better be there.

I see they have 2 visual styles...the ones we are looking at, but a newer cleaner style...which seems to have the this part #...11046 vs. the 10046...fyi

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
100% True, and I know Rigid use Cree, and I believe BD does as well, as these are a Step Down, but to be honest I am not blown away by the Fog Pockets I have from BD...like at all...and I know the higher up the LED Light Bar the much more effective it is...and Putco is a known name...and honestly at a Grand...this is the same pricing as Rigid...so the Quality/Optics/Lumens, etc...better be there.

I see they have 2 visual styles...the ones we are looking at, but a newer cleaner style...which seems to have the this part #...11046 vs. the 10046...fyi

What's your ultimate goal. Are you looking for distance lighting now that you already have the fog pocket kit, or?

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's your ultimate goal. Are you looking for distance lighting now that you already have the fog pocket kit, or?

I am looking for a "FILLED IN" balanced Fenway Park Lightning like I have on my 14 with just (1) pair of Dually D2 Rigids on the sides...the other pair is their Ambers I use for my Fog/Running lights (side note is that I already ordered some tint for the BD "Ambers" b/c they are Yellow, and no Amber, and don't match the Raptor Amber Leds at all), and the Hybrid Spot Dual Row 20" in the middle. This combination of side lightning and middle lighting is SICK...it fills up the immediate area in front of my 14 Raptor, as well as the Hybrid Spot shooting up to almost a mile down the road.

I have a 40" Hyper Spot behind the grill, but ALL that does is simply fill in a LITTLE down the road in the very middle...the Dual Row 20" Hyper Spot does 95% of the work.

With the Baja Design Fog Pocket set up I have now on my 17 there is NO balanced light in the middle, and I personally don't care for where they are going as far as the 10" behind the bottom grill...and Rigid is WAY behind...and their Dual Row is just too big...as in if it were a single row I would buy the Midnight Rigid yesterday. ;-)

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I am looking for a "FILLED IN" balanced Fenway Park Lightning like I have on my 14 with just (1) pair of Dually D2 Rigids on the sides...the other pair is their Ambers I use for my Fog/Running lights (side note is that I already ordered some tint for the BD "Ambers" b/c they are Yellow, and no Amber, and don't match the Raptor Amber Leds at all), and the Hybrid Spot Dual Row 20" in the middle. This combination of side lightning and middle lighting is SICK...it fills up the immediate area in front of my 14 Raptor, as well as the Hybrid Spot shooting up to almost a mile down the road.

I have a 40" Hyper Spot behind the grill, but ALL that does is simply fill in a LITTLE down the road in the very middle...the Dual Row 20" Hyper Spot does 95% of the work.

With the Baja Design Fog Pocket set up I have now on my 17 there is NO balanced light in the middle, and I personally don't care for where they are going as far as the 10" behind the bottom grill...and Rigid is WAY behind...and their Dual Row is just too big...as in if it were a single row I would buy the Midnight Rigid yesterday. ;-)

Have you considered popping on a set of hood mounts and XL80's? Here are some output shots: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f81/installed-baja-designs-xl80s-hood-51052/#post1068258

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you considered popping on a set of hood mounts and XL80's? Here are some output shots: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f81/installed-baja-designs-xl80s-hood-51052/#post1068258

No....simply b/c I want a 100% clean look. That's why I love the Rigid Set up on my 14 so much...Looks OEM. No Roof mounts (clearance and whistling) and no hood mounts...just for the clean lines.

We have a place in Northern NH, and use the hell out of these lights to detect wild life, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_9449.jpg
    IMG_9449.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 121

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
No....simply b/c I want a 100% clean look. That's why I love the Rigid Set up on my 14 so much...Looks OEM. No Roof mounts (clearance and whistling) and no hood mounts...just for the clean lines.

We have a place in Northern NH, and use the hell out of these lights to detect wild life, etc.

Then I'd say giving the Putco a chance may be your best bet!