Any1 install single stack LED Bar on OEM bumper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kowboy17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point about the light I linked to in the OP. Bad example and ignorance on my part. I apologize for my reply since it was my mistake originally with that link.

Onto you other suggestion....I've been reading quite a lot of threads/posts since placing my order back in July. One observation is that there are a lot of folks on this forum who are quick to mis-interpret someones intentions and reply back with a snarky, condescending post.

Such is life in a world full of self entitled, self absorbed, short attention spanned, oblivious lemmings.

Agreed. I was just trying to help you not make an expensive mistake. All good.

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am reasonable sure that any item attached below the camera would interfere with it. I did some test and could not find any way to affix a light below the camera without affecting camera view. The issue is how much interference can you accept.

OP
OP
rms8

rms8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am reasonable sure that any item attached below the camera would interfere with it. I did some test and could not find any way to affix a light below the camera without affecting camera view. The issue is how much interference can you accept.

IDK. The guy with a Bulldog double stack on his OEM bumper said it was maybe 20%? It was my hope that a single stack would barely be noticeable.

Been looking at the N-Fab bumpers. Pretty nice.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should have been more specific. I assumed it would be understood that a 40" on the bumper would have to be curved.

I was looking at the Rigid Midnight, but it doesn't look like their 40" single stack is curved.

Rough Country has a 30" curved that is blacked out .

If you search, you'll find a picture where someone put up a RDS 40" on the bumper, and there's very minimal camera blockage - I'd guess less than 20%

Don't confuse it with the other image out there where a different manufacturer's double stack is blocking like 30% of the view

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you search, you'll find a picture where someone put up a RDS 40" on the bumper, and there's very minimal camera blockage - I'd guess less than 20%

Don't confuse it with the other image out there where a different manufacturer's double stack is blocking like 30% of the view

The RDS 40" I agree is probably less than 20% Front Camera blockage, and I am heavily leaning that way...but you cannot use the Rigid Mounts that come with it. The Rigid light, even in Double Stack/Row sits pretty damn flush to the grill for a nice fit.

The "Other" light I remember stuck out way more...was not as flush...

REALLY wish Rigid did a Radiused version of their SR 40"...Midnight...that would be MINT.

I am still trying to find out on another Thread what "custom" Brackets were used to mount the Double Row RDS 40" Midnight...

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does look pretty slick.

He sent me the following pics to give a clearer idea of exactly how it gets secured....

The price was $1199

kit_zpsqh19cgxg.jpg

install_zpsp0bjaulc.jpg

installed_zps2mjweeo2.jpg

I was gonna hold off on a light bar due to interference, but now I'm very interested in this.

Never used their light bar before, but I just got their new tailgate led bar that doesn't mess with our BLISS system or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does look pretty slick.

He sent me the following pics to give a clearer idea of exactly how it gets secured....

The price was $1199

Looks like he's charging $165 for the hardware then:

Putco 10046 40" Curved Luminix High Power LED Light Bar https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IE05TC2/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

It looks great because it looks almost factory, but the $575 price for the dual 40's behind the grille from M&R seems like it might be the better option.

Edit: Actually some of that hardware might come from the manufacturer. Not sure what he's adding for his patented mounting system.

Last edited: