60" LED Tailgate Light Bar Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn guys, thanks a lot, after reading this post i could not resist and ordered Putco 60" this afternoon. Amber turn signal color does not bother me. Hell, the more light you have behind the better. I will probably use clips to mount it versus 3m tape.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had it direct wired to taillights but it didn’t include the Mandatory harness for our Ford trucks so every damn alarm was going off.
Wiring kit came in today which will be ran same way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What would make alarms go off?

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had it direct wired to taillights but it didn’t include the Mandatory harness for our Ford trucks so every damn alarm was going off.

Wiring kit came in today which will be ran same way

What wiring kit? From whom?

Here's an install video (2009-2016 F-150's) this one's from CJ Pony Parts. Note: Fast forward to 9:55 in the video and he talks about issues people have had getting trailer warnings on the dash when they wired into the trailer harness. From this point forward in the video he shows how to connect the wiring to the driver's side taillight to avoid these issues.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0Bgi-JPhAc

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Damn guys, thanks a lot, after reading this post i could not resist and ordered Putco 60" this afternoon. Amber turn signal color does not bother me. Hell, the more light you have behind the better. I will probably use clips to mount it versus 3m tape.

Where did you order from? Price?

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What wiring kit? From whom?

Here's a Putco Blade install video on a 2015 F-150. I'd like to know if/how it differs for the 2017 & 2018 trucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xINz_TXKNE0

There is a wiring harness you must order that’s not included with bar itself
Putco. # Putco 8726F . I had my guy direct wire to my tail lights and trailer alarm and blide side assist alarms kept going off .
I hope this solves the problem

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a wiring harness you must order that’s not included with bar itself
Putco. # Putco 8726F . I had my guy direct wire to my tail lights and trailer alarm and blide side assist alarms kept going off .
I hope this solves the problem

I don't see how the Putco 8726F is of any value since it's 4 wires with a flat 4-connector trailer plug on the end as you can see here:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016MXBMXC/?tag=fordraptorforum-20
81AtiPcln2L._SL1500_.jpg

For those who need it...

Putco 60" Bar: Putco 60" Blade LED Tailgate Light Bar - 4x4TruckLEDs.com
Ford Y Harness: Putco Ford - "Y-Harness" for Part #90009-48/90009-60 - 4x4TruckLEDs.com

The Y Harness plugs into your trailer hitch. However if you want a professional install opt NOT to use the Y harness and hard wired your bar. The wiring harness just makes it quick/easy to install it

You're right. The above video shows you how to wire it in to the driver's side taillight so there aren't any warnings inside the truck.

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All installed and pretty impressed with it being a PUTCO
0ff2e620fc2f77dade18cb8df02387e1.jpg