40" Rigid light bar bracket question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen a few guys on here that have mounted a 40" Rigid RDS light bar on their stock bumpers. I'm definitely not crazy about the brackets that came with it. The almost don't sit flat on the bumper. Can anyone who's done tell me if they used the Rigid brackets or did you make your own and did you pull the bumper to install them? Thanks guy, Mike

Last edited:

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen a few guys on here that have mounted a 40" Rigid RDS light bar on their stock bumpers. I'm definitely not crazy about the brackets that came with it. The almost don't sit flat on the bumper. Can anyone who's done tell me if they used the Rigid brackets or did you make your own and did you pull the bumper to install them? Thanks guy, Mike

A lot of us want to know this answer...hopefully you get one soon.

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We installed mine with the bumper mounted still. We used the rigid bracket in the farther out position. I have seen some folks modify the bracket and cut off the further tab but it looks to rub the paint maybe. If I can can do it with some felt in between or something I may modify mine.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1493142223022.jpg
    FB_IMG_1493142223022.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 221

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So that's Just the OEM Rigid Bracket that came with it...but modified correct? How so if that's the case? Were you able to use all the bolts/holes?

ill confirm with the owner but that's my understanding. on mine, out of the 4 bottom mounting holes on the bracket, I'm only using 2 and the other 2 are (slightly) hanging over the bumper unused. what they did here was cut off the holes I'm using and only using the other 2, which pushes the lights farther in assuming the holes are drilled in the bumper at the same place.

OP
OP
Digger

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got my Rigid 40"RDS light bar on. It took so mods to the another pr of Rigid brackets to get it on but I think it fits and looks great.
515989247_zpsqgtrtnez.jpg
IMG950201_zpsrc8u394o.jpg

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got my Rigid 40"RDS light bar on. It took so mods to the another pr of Rigid brackets to get it on but I think it fits and looks great.

Looks Great...I literally JUST figured out how to take my entire Grill off and disassemble it last night and I spent the 1st 1/2 of today mounting the Putco Single Row 40...and then I put it all back together.

Taking pics later as it gets darker....but what a bitch the Grill was...

Another MA Raptor...Love it!