2018 Fog lights up lifter switch wire help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grumble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big Shout Out and "Thanks to Nick" at Apollo optics for providing the correct color codes and wire location.

On my 2018, the wire loom farthest from fender or between 2 big plugs as Nick provided in the chart ---were hot and correct. Saved me alot of headaches and hours of frustration.

Install is complete. I will post pictures tonight.

I used AUX 1-4 for the M&R light kit---to keep it logical, I used AUX 1 for Farthest outside light pairs (small amber circle), then AUX 2 for Square projector, then AUX 3 interior switch for Square projector, and finally AUX 4 interior switch for just amber back lights on both square projector lights.

I noticed the gauge and obviously amps are different for the hot wires coming out of the Ford Firewall and my sequence of wiring has the sqaure projector lights (run as a pair) on a small gauge and low amp aux switch....

Given these are LED's, AM I okay doing this or should I rewire the sqaure projector lights to the heavier gauge wire/amp?

Cheers

All of the correct information is in your 2018 Raptor Supplement in your documentation kit. You have 2 5-amp switches, 2 10-amp switches and 2 15-amp switches. Each switch is already fused and relayed. If you plan on wiring lights that require more than the rated output of the switch you choose to use, you should use the switch as a trigger to another relay and run a fused length of proper gauge wire to the hot terminal of the relay feeding the light.

You know what the right answer is. If switch order is important in this install, just add a relay into the circuit and use any switch you want. It’s not that much more work.