2018 Aux Switch Differences?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

georgesr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to be wiring up some lights in a few days and I just wanted to verify that these gauges are correct (I was going to put weatherpack terminals on all of them). Isn't the above wiring a bit small (20awg for 15 amps)?
if it were AC power then the answer would be yes. not so much for DC

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah except the labels on that picture are reversed for 2018. The pass through unpowered wires are outboard of the powered AUX switch wires which are the ones closer to the center line of the truck.

The guide included with the kit has the wire colors in a grid on the last page —it also shows where the wires are located for the 17 and 18. It’s also available online at fordraptorlights.com under support.

Also I’m always available in anyone needs questions answered, 781-603-8182. Feel free to chat me up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HellFish

Reaction score
The guide included with the kit has the wire colors in a grid on the last page —it also shows where the wires are located for the 17 and 18. It’s also available online at fordraptorlights.com under support.

Also I’m always available in anyone needs questions answered, 781-603-8182. Feel free to chat me up!

Yeah I know but there is a lot of wrong info and wrong replies from folks who just assume the 2017 and 2018 wires are the same. I was pointing that out.

I also figured this out the hard way today myself - I was installing those backordered Baja Design lights you guys shipped to NJ a couple of days ago - and realized that I was using the 2017 AUX wire wire bundle which as we now know are actually reversed and are the passthrough wires. I will connect them correctly tomorrow AM. Sigh. LOL.

Lights installed in a snap. Easy as hell. Me, my multimeter and the wiring harness were not so lucky. ; )

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know but there is a lot of wrong info and wrong replies from folks who just assume the 2017 and 2018 wires are the same. I was pointing that out.

I also figured this out the hard way today myself - I was installing those backordered Baja Design lights you guys shipped to NJ a couple of days ago - and realized that I was using the 2017 AUX wire wire bundle which as we now know are actually reversed and are the passthrough wires. I will connect them correctly tomorrow AM. Sigh. LOL.

Lights installed in a snap. Easy as hell. Me, my multimeter and the wiring harness were not so lucky. ; )

Lol! Everyone makes that mistake! Good job figuring it out. For the rest of y’all read the directions with the kit! It clearly identifies the wires for 17/18 etc. or give me a call!

HellFish

Reaction score
Lol! Everyone makes that mistake! Good job figuring it out. For the rest of y’all read the directions with the kit! It clearly identifies the wires for 17/18 etc. or give me a call!

Just as a followup - found the correct wires using a pic from here. Wired in 20 minutes. I need one more wiring harness from BD to finish adding the 3rd pair to the third switch. Then I can put the skid plate back on and be done with this. Expecting delivery and completion tomorrow.

Trig911

Reaction score
Stupid question but do the switches only light up once you have something connected to them. I have nothing hooked up yet, and in either position they do not light up.

Wayne Twombly

Reaction score
Ok guys . It doesnt matter what switch you use. They are meant as trigger wires and should be ran with a relay or do the upgrade to 40 amp circuit breakers. That's it. The gauge doesnt matter. its suppose to be a trigger wire and that's it.

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stupid question but do the switches only light up once you have something connected to them. I have nothing hooked up yet, and in either position they do not light up.
I don’t think that’s right? I’m almost positive mine light up with nothing connected.

I’ll double check tomorrow when I get home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk