2017 M&R Ford Raptor Fog Kit Prototype

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Each light is roughly 1amp. The instructions come with the diagram of how much amps each switch can handle

A more exact figure on the instructions might be helpful. I know lots of guys want to save the high amp switches for light bars. Would be good to know if you can get away with 5 lights, for example, on a 5 amp switch.

What's the recommend way to join the wires together if you're running 6 of them, for example, to one switch? Just twist and heat shrink or are people using something more complicated? I heard someone was just using a wire nut and a ton of electrical tape, but was wondering if there's a better way.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure I would want to use garbage bags as filters

I fully agree and I didn't want to either, but strangely enough, it is working amazingly well. As soon as I have a better solution in hand, I will be switching, but until then, I have working lights that I can use every day. I don't solicit comments, but I've already had a couple people tell me how nice they look.

chuckulls

Reaction score
Would plastic cut from a gallon jug used for milk work? I realized after I posted that there is no heat issue with leds and the thin plastic would not be affected

x-ray

Reaction score
A more exact figure on the instructions might be helpful. I know lots of guys want to save the high amp switches for light bars. Would be good to know if you can get away with 5 lights, for example, on a 5 amp switch.

What's the recommend way to join the wires together if you're running 6 of them, for example, to one switch? Just twist and heat shrink or are people using something more complicated? I heard someone was just using a wire nut and a ton of electrical tape, but was wondering if there's a better way.

3 pair of lights is right around 8 amps. My installer checked them before wiring them up to the upfitter switches because I wanted to wire 2 pair of ambers to switch 3 and 3 pair of white to switch 4 to save 1 and 2 for bigger bars.

X

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 pair of lights is right around 8 amps. My installer checked them before wiring them up to the upfitter switches because I wanted to wire 2 pair of ambers to switch 3 and 3 pair of white to switch 4 to save 1 and 2 for bigger bars.

X

Great! I was calculating closer to 1.6A, but real world never matches. Thanks for the info.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would plastic cut from a gallon jug used for milk work? I realized after I posted that there is no heat issue with leds and the thin plastic would not be affected

I have actually saved several milk jugs and plan on giving this a test ASAP. I will compare the results to my high-tech trash bag solution and report back on the results.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Yes of course. They are IP68 water rating.

If I should have an issue with a light, or need a replacement down the road, how do I go about getting another light? It appears that M&R has been around a while, but is there a manufacturer and part number that I could use if M&R wins the lottery?

I have had the fog lights installed for about a month now and I couldn't be happier. The lights look great, very solid mounting, no vibration issues, etc...