GEN 2 10" onx6 installation behind lower grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marcomilano77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering how long I can get by here in SoCal without a front plate. I'd like to mount it on the passenger side as you did, but I'd like an actual mounting bracket if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. I already got a ticket. Lol
I'm waiting for a mounting bracket that doesn't require drilling. For now I put it back on where it was

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering how long I can get by here in SoCal without a front plate. I'd like to mount it on the passenger side as you did, but I'd like an actual mounting bracket if possible.

You can use the stock mount with a couple bolts. I didn't do that because I wanted the plate to be as close the the bumper as possible to not interfere with the light coming from the Onx6 on that side.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here. I already got a ticket. Lol
I'm waiting for a mounting bracket that doesn't require drilling. For now I put it back on where it was

I'd rather not drill if possible too, but I'm not so sure that's possible in that location. I don't want to tempt fate, but the truck just looks so good without a front plate.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

You can use the stock mount with a couple bolts. I didn't do that because I wanted the plate to be as close the the bumper as possible to not interfere with the light coming from the Onx6 on that side.

Ahh, gotcha. I hadn't thought about trying to adapt the stock mount for that location - I'll check that out.

OP
OP
J

JDog

Reaction score
Bracket

Someone posted this on another thread. An interesting idea.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/license-plate-bracket-sto-n-sho-f-150-raptor-2017/p/LPB51/

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone posted this on another thread. An interesting idea.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/license-plate-bracket-sto-n-sho-f-150-raptor-2017/p/LPB51/

I too am required to run a front plate, and have been looking at this as an option. But I also want to put Onx6 light on my truck.

Do you think the bracket can be modified to move the light up a bit?

If you look closely at the sto-n-sho setup video, and then look closely at the light mounting of the Onx6, it looks like it would only take half an inch or so to have the light shine over the sto-n-sh plate when mounted.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For those of you who bought this kit did you look at the 30" that sits higher on the grill?

I'm torn between these two and would like to know what factors influenced your decision to buy the smaller one.

NDO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I chose the 10" for ease of installation. I figured I could always add a 30" later if I felt it was needed.

OP
OP
J

JDog

Reaction score
I too am required to run a front plate, and have been looking at this as an option. But I also want to put Onx6 light on my truck.

Do you think the bracket can be modified to move the light up a bit?

If you look closely at the sto-n-sho setup video, and then look closely at the light mounting of the Onx6, it looks like it would only take half an inch or so to have the light shine over the sto-n-sh plate when mounted.

Hmmm. I need to take the front grill off to adjust it again so I'll look more closely but I don't think it can be moved at all.

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

IIRC the 10" puts out more light?

Yeah, that's what Nick at Appolo Optics told me which coupled with the ease of installation led me in that direction. I the the 30" was more of a flood type light versus a driving combo but the BD site would clarify.