GEN 2 10" light bar for fogs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marsh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats the best look I have seen so far for the cutout. Would be great if Baja Design would come up with a bracket that allows to be more forward facing,

MKomertz

Reaction score
Does anyone have a walk through turtorial on how to install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

johnjoemd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a walk through turtorial on how to install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can get you some photos of what I did.

Btw definately get the wide cornering lens on these if you go this route.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Elite_KG

Reaction score
I just completed the 10" fog installation today. I've had the lightds for several weeks, just needed the time. Took a good bit of time to figure our how I wanted to mount them. Ended up just using 1-1/2" aluminum angle. Spent about 9 hours total to fabricate the mounts just the way I wanted, paint, and wire up. Mounts came out pretty nice as they are tapered near the outer ends to fit with some additional width. I was going to mount some honeycomb grill mesh to fill out the void space, but it got too complicated, i didnt have a good metal break to bend nice seems, and I was comcerned the execution woukd look tacky. Also I wasnt sire how to keep the mesh from rattling against the bumper from driving vibrations. Looks good enough bare.

I went with the 10" Rigid SR Diffused. Diffused is designed at 60 degree light throw. Figured this would be best for the angle of the bumper pointing the lights to the sides. When I tested at night the angle leaves about a truck width section only partially illuminated. Of course this area is filled with headlight low beams and really lights up with the brights. The 5600 lumen floods combined with the headlights cover a very wide range. Definitely easy to see while cornering.

I will try to get some decent pics up for those interested in this option for fogs.

I really like the amber option for back ligting. Didnt know how those worked so I just went with the 10" diffused.

Last edited:

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone sell any brackets for these??? i am definitely not able to make my own

Elite_KG

Reaction score
IMG_0055_zps6vl8qab5.jpg

IMG_0044_zpsrpkourmr.jpg

IMG_0046_zpsjoxwh7uh.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

I did wire them individually to turn on one at a time. Use upfitter 3 and 4 (10 amps each) since the lights are rated at 3.8 amps each. Circuit sizing recommends 135% of full amp rating. That would be 5.1 amps at 75 degrees F. Since the will end up running hotter (summer heat, light heat, motor heat) the recommendation is 15-20% for every 30 degees or so. I dont remeber exactly. I used the 10 amp upfitters just to be conservative.

IMG_0047_zpsmkzwkcgu.jpg

Last edited: