GEN 2 10" light bar for fogs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
possible, but not as simple as the cube lights. The 2 mount points won’t allow the light to point forward unless you use a mount bracket - like the L shaped one folks are getting from Lowes/Home Depot, and either secure a plate to line up the light or make some kind of swivel plate for it.

There’s a couple of threads in lighting that show pictures of the bumper cut out mounts and you can see the single ‘pod’ lights are mounted in a staggered formation.

The LED bars aren’t impossible to mount, they will just be more challenging.

OP
OP
J

johnjoemd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10" light bar for fogs

possible, but not as simple as the cube lights. The 2 mount points won’t allow the light to point forward unless you use a mount bracket - like the L shaped one folks are getting from Lowes/Home Depot, and either secure a plate to line up the light or make some kind of swivel plate for it.

There’s a couple of threads in lighting that show pictures of the bumper cut out mounts and you can see the single ‘pod’ lights are mounted in a staggered formation.

The LED bars aren’t impossible to mount, they will just be more challenging.

I think I could fabricate the mount. Probably with some frustration but I can get it done. What do you think about the light throw? Comparable to the cubes? I would do the driving/cornering combo pattern because I need to add a lot of width to my lighting throw. Lots of deers/hogs in my area on back roads.

Prolly add a 30" spot bar behind the grill later. Prolly a midnight rigid to have a clean look.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
I don’t have a lot of (recent) offload light experience to speak to the light throw. It’s not aways about the lumens though as you seem to already be keen on. For these, unobstructed, I’m betting they would be pretty respectable, but what’s your intended purpose? driving, corner illumination or flood pattern ?

none of the common pod or led bar lights will be road legal, but for critters that could jump out in front of you, they should do well. For the unobstructed lights I would try to err on the “you get what you pay for” side, whereas behind the grill I’m going to lose a lot of output anyway, so those are going to be - to paraphrase rapterrier - Poverty LED bars for me.

Also, if you plan on any late night shenanigans, bumper cut out lights will rapidly become less than usable, it only takes some tall grass to get in the way - though with our Raptors, grass would need to be pretty dagger tall.

I haven’t decided on bumper slot lights yet, I just have a hard time justifying several hundred dollars and up for lights in the bumper. I’m starting with some behind the grill LED bars and will decide on more from there.

I’m really just trying to convince myself it will stop there, when in reality I know damn well I’ll end up with a 30” behind the grill along with the current bars, and probably more. but hopefully not too much $$$...

OP
OP
J

johnjoemd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha I hear you thanks for the feedback. I am really leaning this way and may make the plunge and pioneer the way...

OP
OP
J

johnjoemd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought them so we will see how the end result turns out. Will post pics.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
I’m curious about how you’ll mount them. I have an idea - if you check out the threads where others have used the angled aluminum for the pod mounts, you should be able to affix a triangular piece of metal that that, and your lights to the triangular piece.

buy once, cry once. you should get some good visibility out of these.

OP
OP
J

johnjoemd

Full Access Member
Reaction score