$20.00 rear facing LED install video on a 2017 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got mine yesterday will install today hopefully if rain stops. The correct link is below but seems they are out of stock and another light comes up but without amber covers and much more expensive. I got mine for $11.99 shipped to me :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N2TP9FU/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Yes, what comes up now are 72 watt spot lamps for $26.95. Spot lamps are the wrong solution for back-up lights. Flood lamps are what is needed for that application.

Last edited:

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine yesterday will install today hopefully if rain stops. The correct link is below but seems they are out of stock and another light comes up but without amber covers and much more expensive. I got mine for $11.99 shipped to me :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N2TP9FU/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

before you install can you do an amp check? Its real easy to do.

one of these lights drew 1.15 amps from my 12.5V power supply. That calculates out to 14.375 watts apiece - from the amazon reviews

Viper32

Full Access Member
Reaction score

one of these lights drew 1.15 amps from my 12.5V power supply. That calculates out to 14.375 watts apiece - from the amazon reviews

Sorry already installed them, will post pics later raining very hard here.

By the way how would I check what you are asking? I may want to do that on some of my other lights to see actual watts.

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry already installed them, will post pics later raining very hard here.

By the way how would I check what you are asking? I may want to do that on some of my other lights to see actual watts.

Use your cheep $5 Multimeter in series

link here on how. https://www.wikihow.com/Measure-Amperage

If you used easy to pull apart connectors, you still can do it real easy.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is an alternate solution that has the advantage of plug&play instant gratification. Sylvania (brand name) has a LED replacement for our famously anemic #921 back up bulbs that is easily twice as bright as the standard incandescent bulb. It is marketed as a Super Bright LED in the ZEVO line and has a lifetime warranty. It has six LEDs mounted radially, draws 2.5 watts at 12.8 volts. It is no longer (deeper) than a standard #921 bulb and is only a little bit bigger around, so clearance inside the rear light housing is not an issue.

Wal-Mart does not have them in the stores, but offers them in the web site for $22.99 plus $5.12 shipping. O'Reilly Auto Parts has them in the store (instant gratification) for $24.99 (cheaper).

It's a good solution, inexpensive, installation is a snap (use of dielectric grease is recommended), and they're warrantied forever.

921 LED Backup.jpg

Viper32

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I got 1.41 watts on one and 1.42 on the other one with 12.6 volts input.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Be advised that too much light can swamp the rear camera. You can have too much of a good thing. As with most everything there's a sweet spot.