Y R most all of the bumers straight across on top?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rms8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aside from SVC Designs, why aren't any other after market manufactures trying to allow the Raptors grill shape be displayed?

Because it would take more effort. It's pretty easy to just go straight across. SVC has shown that having the bumper dip a bit under the grill to follow the Raptors grill looks so much better. Unfortunately at this time they do not offer a simple bolt on (yet).

Hopefully the other manufactures who watch this forum will see this thread and know that there are plenty who would prefer a bumper that follows the lines of the Raptors grill as opposed to going straight across and hiding those lines.

Fingers crossed....

Last edited:

Gilligan

Reaction score
One of the first things I thought of when I saw the gen2 was that aftermarket bumpers were going to be more expensive and harder to design with the way the valance follows the shape of the grille.

I'm not a fan of the flat top bars either, they look cheap too..

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
because it's a complex-ass bend. A radius isn't super hard to get to follow the line of the truck, but if you want a radius that has a couple of downward bends in the middle to go around that grille that makes it a lot harder. I don't even know if you could pull it off.

The other option just adds more labor, you've gotta have two radius tubes and then weld in the 'bend' around the grille as well while keeping shit centered. That'd be my guess as to why nobody is doing it yet.

CROOKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree that the easy way with one radius looks like shit. As crazy as it is to say I think N-Fab has the best looking out right now with just their outer bars.

SVC smurf bumper looks good except for the giant SVC on the skid. Not sure why it couldnt be the same size as their other bumper.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I agree that the easy way with one radius looks like shit. As crazy as it is to say I think N-Fab has the best looking out right now with just their outer bars.

SVC smurf bumper looks good except for the giant SVC on the skid. Not sure why it couldnt be the same size as their other bumper.

It can. They'll do it little, big or without all together.

Reaction score
As mentioned above, having a radius bend & a traditional bend in the same tube is very difficult, but we still do it. Most of our newer bumpers are built this way.

We have a new bumper coming out this month that I think you will really like. For now, our Honey Badger & our Stealth bumper both dip down in the middle to avoid the grill. The light bar does cover most of the drop down however.

2017-ford-raptor.jpg

Check out the main tube on our Stealth, has a radius bend & traditional bend in it:

2017-ford-raptor.jpg

2017-ford-raptor-aftermarket-bumper.jpg

CROOKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your stealth didnt have the light bar on top and tucked up under/closer to the grill it would be what I'm looking for. I will say you guys take good pics and from different angles so everyone can see what their getting.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Because it was a stupid design from ford? Or that's my opinion at least.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk