Xpel ultimate in very hot weather - bad for the paint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sigma

Reaction score
so I've been doing a bunch of reading about how to protect the paint on my incoming raptor, and I think I'm going to go with the xpel ultimate.

However I saw it brought up, but never thoroughly discussed, about the potential for being in hot weather causing the expel to damage the paint underneath. I live in Texas, and the summers are typically very hot and more often than not, humid. Can anyone speak to this concern?

Thanks in advance!

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so I've been doing a bunch of reading about how to protect the paint on my incoming raptor, and I think I'm going to go with the xpel ultimate.

However I saw it brought up, but never thoroughly discussed, about the potential for being in hot weather causing the expel to damage the paint underneath. I live in Texas, and the summers are typically very hot and more often than not, humid. Can anyone speak to this concern?

Thanks in advance!

I have a lot of Xpel on my truck and 3 of my previous and have never had an issue. I live in FL so hot and humid are day to day. My installer also said heat isn't an issue and I've never seen damage from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...the potential for being in hot weather causing the XPEL to damage the paint underneath

Huh?! It's a clear bra material that is used by many, many high end car and truck owners and it's guaranteed for 10 years and you're asking if it will damage the paint?!

chi_weezy

Reaction score
I went with Suntek Ultra. Didnhours of research. Talked to many people. The clarity and resistance to yellowing is apparently very good. I think you'd be golden with either. I'm in az. Just had about 80% of my truck done. It'll be garaged when at home so I'm. Or too worried about it. And az sun is much more brutal and Tejas

marsh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks in advance!

That's because it is not a issue!

OP
OP
S

sigma

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice y'all! I had literally just started researching a day before my Raptor arrived (today!!!) and I appreciate the input and direction. Gonna take it to Xpel Austin and they gave me a quote of $4400 to wrap the whole thing (SCREW) in xpel ultimate.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Thanks in advance!

What reading did you do?

Did you contact/call XPEL to ask them this? If not, why not?

From their website:

PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT WITH THE PIONEERS IN AUTOMOBILE PROTECTION

Few brands are 100% committed to protecting your automobile like we are. We focus all of our resources, time, human capital, and research in developing some of the most innovative automobile protection products in the market. We hold the highest quality standards throughout our entire production process, from design to distribution. All of this has made XPEL one of the most recognized names in the automobile protection industry.

WHAT IS PAINT PROTECTION FILM?

Paint protection films are clear or colored polyurethane films that are applied to vehicles to protect them from scratches, dents, or swirls caused by road debris, rocks, bug droppings, and other environmental elements.

THE XPEL DIFFERENCE

Our entire line of films is hand drawn, measured, and tested manually. Our ULTIMATE line uses special elastomeric polymer technology that allows the film to HEAL ITSELF from scratches or swirl marks in a matter of minutes. We developed our Design Access Program (DAP) Software to provide the most customizable and precise coverage in the industry. This allows our distributors to offer products that fit the needs of their customers while eliminating unnecessary waste. All of our workmanship is backed by our extensive warranties.

our promise

We promise that each one of our products will protect your investment with best-in-class durability, performance, appearance, and overall quality. Our quest for excellence doesn’t stop there. We ensure that your automobile protection products are only installed by highly qualified experts by providing custom training programs and extensive support for all of our partners.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Thanks for the advice y'all! I had literally just started researching a day before my Raptor arrived (today!!!) and I appreciate the input and direction. Gonna take it to Xpel Austin and they gave me a quote of $4400 to wrap the whole thing (SCREW) in xpel ultimate.

No offense but I hope you don't spend all that excess money you have. Covering a SCREW Raptor in clear bra is close to crazy. But it's your money.

Enjoy your Raptor and do post some pics!

RGVRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

$4,400 for the WHOLE thing!?.... I paid $7,000 and I live about 300 miles south of Austin in the Rio Grande Valley. No, it was not cheap... yes, I would 100% do it again if I had the chance. My Raptor is black and the paint is flawless. No worrying about swirls or rock chips on these horrendous South Texas highways.