XPEL Ultimate and Stealth for Highway and Light Off-Road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a Raptor running around my area that is fully-wrapped in grey matte vinyl and then fully wrapped on top of that in XPEL Stealth. Looks great, but way more $ than I wanted to or needed to spend. I use my Raptor on the highway and light off-road. So to keep cost down, I looked at all the areas that took the most abuse / splashing. I then went to the XPEL site and edited their pictures a bit for what I wanted and then had it installed. It is Ultimate everywhere on the Silver paint. I used Stealth on the Gray parts. I did not do the front bumper yet as I wanted to see how the Stealth looked once on and fully dried. The Stealth looks great and is harder to detect than the Ultimate on the Silver. I did not do the FORD letter on the front as adding Rappygraphics over those.

Here are the areas I covered.

XPEL_1_zps3wkyx5fr.jpg

XPEL_2_zpsrx6hdznu.jpg

A few pictures, but all pictures of XPEL look about the same. Note the B Pillars. They had light swirl marks from dealer prep. I knew from previous experience to just leave it alone and when covered with XPEL it would hide the swirls. Came out great.

XPEL_3_zpsp9pedwtp.jpg

The small hood piece can be seen, but the nice thing is that the pattern follows the breaks in the hood across the front. So way less noticeable than if went across middle of the hood.

XPEL_4_zpsdt42uhx7.jpg

The Stealth on the Gray came out the best.

XPEL_5_zpsekui7uge.jpg

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Xpel Ult on the entire front and Bpillars I love it. Good choice.

XPEL

Reaction score
There is a Raptor running around my area that is fully-wrapped in grey matte vinyl and then fully wrapped on top of that in XPEL Stealth. Looks great, but way more $ than I wanted to or needed to spend. I use my Raptor on the highway and light off-road. So to keep cost down, I looked at all the areas that took the most abuse / splashing. I then went to the XPEL site and edited their pictures a bit for what I wanted and then had it installed. It is Ultimate everywhere on the Silver paint. I used Stealth on the Gray parts. I did not do the front bumper yet as I wanted to see how the Stealth looked once on and fully dried. The Stealth looks great and is harder to detect than the Ultimate on the Silver. I did not do the FORD letter on the front as adding Rappygraphics over those.

Here are the areas I covered.

XPEL_1_zps3wkyx5fr.jpg

XPEL_2_zpsrx6hdznu.jpg

A few pictures, but all pictures of XPEL look about the same. Note the B Pillars. They had light swirl marks from dealer prep. I knew from previous experience to just leave it alone and when covered with XPEL it would hide the swirls. Came out great.

XPEL_3_zpsp9pedwtp.jpg

The small hood piece can be seen, but the nice thing is that the pattern follows the breaks in the hood across the front. So way less noticeable than if went across middle of the hood.

XPEL_4_zpsdt42uhx7.jpg

The Stealth on the Gray came out the best.

XPEL_5_zpsekui7uge.jpg

Hamster,

We are glad you enjoy the new XPEL film on your Ford Raptor. Thanks for sharing and if you have any questions or need anything let us know.

Last edited:

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why don't most shops ever talk about the headlight film? This is the first time I've heard about it and easily have gotten quotes from 20+ shops all over the east coast for wrapping vehicles.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why don't most shops ever talk about the headlight film? This is the first time I've heard about it and easily have gotten quotes from 20+ shops all over the east coast for wrapping vehicles.

My guy just added it in. He didn't separate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chi_weezy

Reaction score
What was the cost? If you don't mind. And any pics of the whole truck?

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was the cost? If you don't mind. And any pics of the whole truck?

My entire front was 2k. That's full hood, mirrors, front fenders, e pillars, front bumper including painted and matte parts (different film as mentioned), headlights, fender flares, and I did my tailgate as well.

70a8d6c7f7f4a4f5c439504aeceafe35.jpg

dca3de73ad7d9c46cce08133b4f8635d.jpg

8001345eae1e8114ed35fd26553aacc1.jpg

984689d796053c291e7f16715539f1b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

chi_weezy

Reaction score
^ Awesome man thanks for the pics. Looks great. I'll def be doing clear something similar. I really wanted to get some coverage all the doors and sides as that's where all the rocks get kicked up. But the that's like getting the entire truck covered lol. Which is is great but costs a ton