Xpel Ult vs Suntek Ultra vs Vinyl wrap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
chi_weezy

chi_weezy

Reaction score
I've had Xpel vehicles a long time no issues ever. I used suntek once when the installer was low on Xpel, seemed about the same. One thing suntek doesn't have is the patterns for the wide variety of vehicles. That's all Xpel not to mention Xpel is slightly thicker, people can claim it's the base liquid but brass tax it's thicker. The headlight thing is BS btw. I've had Xpel on my other vehicles headlights for years 0 issues, same for my raptor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya Suntek installers I've spoke to use the Xpel plotting as they're better like you said. I'm sure both are good and will do the trick

90slow50

Reaction score
Serious question: Is this really worth it? Granted my truck will be a concrete queen, so maybe this is for more of you serious off-road gents. Thanks!

OP
OP
chi_weezy

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Serious question: Is this really worth it? Granted my truck will be a concrete queen, so maybe this is for more of you serious off-road gents. Thanks!

Well especially if you get aftermarket wheels that stick out, you'll be kicking a ton of rocks up onto your doors. If you know you're gonna keep the truck for 5+ years, and are ocd, I'd say ya. If keeping it stock, never off roading, and only keeping for a year or two, then don't do it

90slow50

Reaction score
Well especially if you get aftermarket wheels that stick out, you'll be kicking a ton of rocks up onto your doors. If you know you're gonna keep the truck for 5+ years, and are ocd, I'd say ya. If keeping it stock, never off roading, and only keeping for a year or two, then don't do it

Well I ordered 20" Rotiform with K02 tires, so I guess I need to throw this in the budget?

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I ordered 20" Rotiform with K02 tires, so I guess I need to throw this in the budget?

I'll be honest I would. You can limit the places you put it and save some coin. You don't even notice it on the vehicle you have to get right up on the vehicle to see it. Just make sure you check it over good after a few days of drying, sometimes installers will say it will " eventually" go away. Make them fix it.

90slow50

Reaction score
I'll be honest I would. You can limit the places you put it and save some coin. You don't even notice it on the vehicle you have to get right up on the vehicle to see it. Just make sure you check it over good after a few days of drying, sometimes installers will say it will " eventually" go away. Make them fix it.

Thanks for the heads up!

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Suntek is the way to go , great product and diesnt get as yellow as xpel

What information and facts do you have to back this up? Are you comparing apples-to-apples, latest product vs. latest product?

All sources say that Suntek Ultra is the better product. That's why I went with it. I did quite a bit of research prior.
They did say that they couldn't do the headlights because it could void my warranty. Somehow it creates more head within the light. Or damages the film. Idk

"All sources say that Suntek Ultra is the better product." WTF is this?! "All sources?!" Who are your sources, Suntek installers?!

And then you follow that fluff up with "they say" you couldn't cover your headlights because it will "void your warranty. Somehow it creates more heat within the headlight. Or damages the film."

Nothing but nonsense!

My sources say your sources are bogus. Do tell us who told you film shouldn't be put on headlights!

OP
OP
chi_weezy

chi_weezy

Reaction score

What information and facts do you have to back this up? Are you comparing apples-to-apples, latest product vs. latest product?

"All sources say that Suntek Ultra is the better product." WTF is this?! "All sources?!" Who are your sources, Suntek installers?!

And then you follow that fluff up with "they say" you couldn't cover your headlights because it will "void your warranty. Somehow it creates more heat within the headlight. Or damages the film."

Nothing but nonsense!

My sources say your sources are bogus. Do tell us who told you film shouldn't be put on headlights!

I did my research. Went with Suntek Ultra. Go with xpel if you'd like. Called at least 5 installers and read multiple threads online. That's what lead me to my decision. Now change your text color so that people can actually read it

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did my research. Went with Suntek Ultra. Go with xpel if you'd like. Called at least 5 installers and read multiple threads online. That's what lead me to my decision. Now change your text color so that people can actually read it

I wasn't as hostile but I agree. Xpel is thicker and imo looks the same. I have both. I have both on my truck as well. Anyway it doesn't matter they both do the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My opinions is based on having xpel on my bmw x5 before i sold it and it got quite yellowish after 4 plus years. Meanwhile my friend has a mustang with suntek and it looks still as good as when applied 5 years later.

I would go with Suntek (which i did)

Also not sure what the other guy is talking about i have suntek on my raptor headlights with zero iasues.

My opinion is just that an opinion but it is based on experience with both products