Xpel Ult vs Suntek Ultra vs Vinyl wrap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Couldn't find much info on this on FRF. Curious what others have done and/or plan to do with their trucks.

I spoke to an installer today. Looks like about $2,950 for Xpel Ultimate for maybe 20% of the truck (front bumper, partial hood, A pillars, headlights, front fenders, rocker panels, fender flares, partial roof, rocker panels). For that much money it's only PARTIAL hood and roof wtf

Same kit in Suntek Ultra (which supposedly just came out around 6 months ago and has a redesigned top coat and a 10yr warranty) is about $800 less, so $2,150.

The same shop asked me if I have considered vinyl wrapping the entire truck. Said about $3,800 and can do the entire truck and comes with a 5 yr warranty. I was excited for my Ingot silver so I was considering doing a similar silver.

Anyhow, what do you guys think? Anybody wrap there's or have experience with it? I'm leaning towards either the Suntek Ultra for $2150 or the entire wrap for $3,800. Still doing my research. Im getting 18x9 +1 wheels with 35 Toyo MT and my Ram with a similar setup is covered in rock chips over the last 3 years. I mean covered if you get up close and personal with the thing. Looking to prevent that. Which also brings up the point, vinyl wrap is around 1mm thinner so most likely doesn't take as well do rock chips as the PPF

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couldn't find much info on this on FRF. Curious what others have done and/or plan to do with their trucks.

I spoke to an installer today. Looks like about $2,950 for Xpel Ultimate for maybe 20% of the truck (front bumper, partial hood, A pillars, headlights, front fenders, rocker panels, fender flares, partial roof, rocker panels). For that much money it's only PARTIAL hood and roof wtf

Same kit in Suntek Ultra (which supposedly just came out around 6 months ago and has a redesigned top coat and a 10yr warranty) is about $800 less, so $2,150.

The same shop asked me if I have considered vinyl wrapping the entire truck. Said about $3,800 and can do the entire truck and comes with a 5 yr warranty. I was excited for my Ingot silver so I was considering doing a similar silver.

Anyhow, what do you guys think? Anybody wrap there's or have experience with it? I'm leaning towards either the Suntek Ultra for $2150 or the entire wrap for $3,800. Still doing my research. Im getting 18x9 +1 wheels with 35 Toyo MT and my Ram with a similar setup is covered in rock chips over the last 3 years. I mean covered if you get up close and personal with the thing. Looking to prevent that. Which also brings up the point, vinyl wrap is around 1mm thinner so most likely doesn't take as well do rock chips as the PPF

That Xpel quote seems high for what you listed. My entire front, full hood, front fenders, fender flares, complete tailgate, e and a pillars, mirrors full, and headlights was barely 2k.

Keep in mind suntek is half as thick as Xpel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
chi_weezy

chi_weezy

Reaction score
That Xpel quote seems high for what you listed. My entire front, full hood, front fenders, fender flares, complete tailgate, e and a pillars, mirrors full, and headlights was barely 2k.

Interesting. I'll call around for pricing. Suntek costs about 30% less. I didn't realize it was half as thick. Thanks for the info. I'll see if their 10yr warranty covers sever rock chips

---------- Post added at 04:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

So I've been doing some research. Not sure where you got your info. Handful of websites I read that the Xpel is only 2mm thicker, and other places I've read that Xpel is only thicker because of the adhesive. Seems that the majority say that Suntek Ultra has more gloss and is more clear and preferred. Both have 10yr warranties now. At this point I'm leaning towards towards the Suntek Ultra and going big and spending around 3k to get as much coverage as that will afford me.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I'll call around for pricing. Suntek costs about 30% less. I didn't realize it was half as thick. Thanks for the info. I'll see if their 10yr warranty covers sever rock chips

---------- Post added at 04:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

So I've been doing some research. Not sure where you got your info. Handful of websites I read that the Xpel is only 2mm thicker, and other places I've read that Xpel is only thicker because of the adhesive. Seems that the majority say that Suntek Ultra has more gloss and is more clear and preferred. Both have 10yr warranties now. At this point I'm leaning towards towards the Suntek Ultra and going big and spending around 3k to get as much coverage as that will afford me.

My info comes directly from company reps who sell both. If they lied it would be the first time he has to me in 20 years. The gloss on both is good I wouldn't say 1 better than other. Keep in mind I have both. My other vehicle is suntek.

Not to mention the film is only in MM so 2 MM is significant but it's actually more than that. I don't think you can go wrong either way they both protect. I can only tell you what I know and have seen from my many vehicles with film. Plus my good friend who installs, sells both films.

Last edited:

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming you need 'basic' rock chip protection, I'd go Suntek all day on dark cars - much less orange peel than Xpel

Xpel is thicker, not sure about double, but that's why it has more peel but is more durable

trophycummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thats high. Were an XPEL installer and I wouldnt charge my customers anywhere near that.

OP
OP
chi_weezy

chi_weezy

Reaction score
^ Im still calling around. And luckily Suntek Ultra costs about 20-30% less and has great reviews so I'll probably go that route. Getting the truck soon. Will update when I get it done

OP
OP
chi_weezy

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Got a quote for wrapping the fender flares in Xpel Stealth so they would stay matte. Basically $150 each fender flare. Did some research, and a brand new fender flare is about $195. So I'll be skipping that part of the coverage. Just FYI for anyone else doing this

RGVRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a black supercrew raptor day before yesterday and plan on having all painted surfaces covered in Xpel. I was quoted $6,500 for the ENTIRE truck.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a quote for wrapping the fender flares in Xpel Stealth so they would stay matte. Basically $150 each fender flare. Did some research, and a brand new fender flare is about $195. So I'll be skipping that part of the coverage. Just FYI for anyone else doing this

Fender flares as you said are easily replaced I didn't know that when I did it.

I think your quote was high for Xpel.