GEN 2 XPEL stealth vs ultimate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm doing a full XPEL wrap on my truck next week and trying to decide between Stealth and Ultimate. My truck is Magnetic, which I think will look pretty amazing in Stealth. It's a big commitment though, and I'm not sure if I might get tired of the matte look. I'm planning on looking at a small sample of the Stealth film on my truck tomorrow.

I'm curious what others think, and if any of you have experience with one versus the other.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigoil

Reaction score
I'm doing a full XPEL wrap on my truck next week and trying to decide between Stealth and Ultimate. My truck is Magnetic, which I think will look pretty amazing in Stealth. It's a big commitment though, and I'm not sure if I might get tired of the matte look. I'm planning on looking at a small sample of the Stealth film on my truck tomorrow.

I'm curious what others think, and if any of you have experience with one versus the other.

Thanks in advance.

I am curious also , I have Magnetic also and want to do a wrap .... subbed

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the Stealth on all the matte parts; the bumper, grill, fender flares of my AG truck, but did the rest in Ultimate like daaan. The product looks great, the issue I had with doing the whole truck is caring for a matte finish. I use my truck off road a lot and keeping a matte finish clean is a bit of a PITA. I was also concerned with long term care and durability as the research I've done on it is kind of sparse, I don't think the product has been available for that long.

The Stealth I do have has held up well so far but I notice when I wipe down the truck after a wand wash that those parts have more residue on them and sometimes take a bit of elbow grease. It's not terrible but it's definitely not as easy as the glossy Ultimate stuff.

I think it would look great as a full wrap on Magnetic if the added care isn't an issue for you.

OP
OP
C

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the Stealth on all the matte parts; the bumper, grill, fender flares of my AG truck, but did the rest in Ultimate like daaan. The product looks great, the issue I had with doing the whole truck is caring for a matte finish. I use my truck off road a lot and keeping a matte finish clean is a bit of a PITA. I was also concerned with long term care and durability as the research I've done on it is kind of sparse, I don't think the product has been available for that long.

The Stealth I do have has held up well so far but I notice when I wipe down the truck after a wand wash that those parts have more residue on them and sometimes take a bit of elbow grease. It's not terrible but it's definitely not as easy as the glossy Ultimate stuff.

I think it would look great as a full wrap on Magnetic if the added care isn't an issue for you.

I'm doing a ceramic coat over the wrap, so hopefully that will help with the cleaning. I'm still a little apprehensive, but the Stealth does look amazing.

OP
OP
C

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have both on my truck. Picture shows the stealth on grey bumper parts/grill, and ultimate on white paint.

UjOVru5.jpg

That looks great. I'm curious - did you consider doing Stealth everywhere?

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

There's a member here who has a matte magnetic / black plus check https://www.instagram.com/p/BSAAeooDgHH/?taken-by=hre_wheels&hl=en

Member is sitdown, if you search you'll see his build
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/wrapping-my-roof-52977/index5.html

I checked out those links. Thanks for posting! He's got one great looking truck. I'd been thinking about doing the same thing with my tailgate - black vinyl where the appliqué would go - but I hadn't seen anyone do it.

daaaaaan

Reaction score
I didnt want to wrap the entire truck, but I think stealth on oxford would not look that great.