Xpel + opti-coat pro +

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flea_sly

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ajacob1,

This is a great thread and awesome pictures, so thank you very much! I will be doing similar things to my Raptor at a later date.

OP
OP
A

ajacob1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ajacob1,

This is a great thread and awesome pictures, so thank you very much! I will be doing similar things to my Raptor at a later date.

not a problem! hopefully people find some useful information haha!

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Stop. Teasing. Me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol the truck is dirty now D:

Taurusdetail

Reaction score
I'm slightly biased being an Opti-Coat Pro authorized installer, but I have used just about all coatings on the market in the past. Went with Opti because I truly feel it's the best on the market. If you want to save the money and DIY, consider Optimum's retail coating Gloss Coat. Same or better longevity as Cquartz UK or Classic, but infinitely more user friendly. Just keep in mind that if you coat the vehicle without removing any defects in the paint, you are essentially sealing them in. For the most part, this coatings need to be removed by polishing or abrading the surface.
Edit- I just saw there were 6 pages of replies lol. Need to get used to using forums again

Last edited:

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm slightly biased being an Opti-Coat Pro authorized installer, but I have used just about all coatings on the market in the past. Went with Opti because I truly feel it's the best on the market. If you want to save the money and DIY, consider Optimum's retail coating Gloss Coat. Same or better longevity as Cquartz UK or Classic, but infinitely more user friendly. Just keep in mind that if you coat the vehicle without removing any defects in the paint, you are essentially sealing them in. For the most part, this coatings need to be removed by polishing or abrading the surface.
Edit- I just saw there were 6 pages of replies lol. Need to get used to using forums again��

I have had customers not want to spend the money on paint correction and they only want the coating. Way too many people think we're bs'ing them about the coatings being difficult to remove later on.

Taurusdetail

Reaction score
I have had customers not want to spend the money on paint correction and they only want the coating. Way too many people think we're bs'ing them about the coatings being difficult to remove later on.

Been there, done that. For the most part it's a package deal. I'll try to save the rant for another time, but as professionals we need educate people so they can make good choices. All the while keeping in mind that cars we touch can become walking billboards for the services we provide and the products we represent.

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been there, done that. For the most part it's a package deal. I'll try to save the rant for another time, but as professionals we need educate people so they can make good choices. All the while keeping in mind that cars we touch can become walking billboards for the services we provide and the products we represent.

Exactly! The bare minimum I will do is a solid one step polish/2 coats of coating. It still looks incredible but saves a bit of money if someone is wanting coating but doesn't want to spend the money on full paint correction.