Xpel + opti-coat pro +

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

ajacob1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately its the middle of winter here, its -17C feeling like -24C with the wind. I live in a condo so i dont have a garage or anything to do work in. @TRIMMELL which of the CQuartz products would you recommend (CQuarts, CQuartz UK or CQuartz Finest), as i am going to ask the detailed i have been talking to for a quote on that as well.

They had said (For a truck):
Opti-Coat Pro - 1095.00 (834 USD)
Opti-Coat Pro+ - 1595.00 (1215 USD)
"Both coatings include full decontamination, light single stage polish and application of the coating to all paint, Windows and trim."

As for Xpel, "For the hood (24"), fender, mirrors and front bumper it is $982.83 " (749 USD).

Also, if it matters the color i got is AG (SCREW).

*Edit : He also said we could work out a deal for doing all the work and 3 days as a safe bet to do all the work.

Last edited:

gyrotech

Reaction score
I've got an AG SCREW that's getting Opti-coat pro right now, and that price is right on with what I'm paying down here in Texas. He's keeping the truck two days to do all of the paint prep and application. I'll pick it up tonight and let you know how it comes out.

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately its the middle of winter here, its -17C feeling like -24C with the wind. I live in a condo so i dont have a garage or anything to do work in. @TRIMMELL which of the CQuartz products would you recommend (CQuarts, CQuartz UK or CQuartz Finest), as i am going to ask the detailed i have been talking to for a quote on that as well.

They had said (For a truck):
Opti-Coat Pro - 1095.00 (834 USD)
Opti-Coat Pro+ - 1595.00 (1215 USD)
"Both coatings include full decontamination, light single stage polish and application of the coating to all paint, Windows and trim."

As for Xpel, "For the hood (24"), fender, mirrors and front bumper it is $982.83 " (749 USD).

Also, if it matters the color i got is AG (SCREW).

If the coating is being applied in cold weather I would use CQuartz UK as it's designed to be installed in colder temps and it's rumored to be the most durable. I used UK on my car since it was in the 50 degree range when I installed it. Those prices aren't horrible. For reference I charge $1,200 starting out for my CQuartz exterior detail. That is a full on exterior detail using the best products and techniques, paint decontamination, single stage paint correction and then coating. Just keep in mind your truck being new should need very very little polishing. I have started using a new product called Essence by Car Pro for final polishing. It's not a polish but with an orange pad it will remove a ton of damage and it leaves behind a nice coating primer that the coating will bond even better to. CQuartz finest gives your more working time, looks a bit more like a wax when it cures and they "claim" it's the longest lasting. When you get Finest from a finest installer you're basically going to someone who jumped through a ton of hoops, proved they provide quality results and they are typically more upscale places. You also pay for that.

The XPEL pricing seems inline with everything else I've seen. I was quoted about $800 for my 14' for the full hood, front fenders, headlights and front bumper. That's been about 2 years ago though and they were my go to shop for tint and everything. So that price they quoted you doesn't seem bad. Is that for XPEL Ultimate?

OP
OP
A

ajacob1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@TRIMMELL its currently -5.8F, would that still be suitable? But yeh it will be XPEL Ultimate.

Actually other person had recommended Ceramic PRO, have you guys heard of that brand as well?

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@TRIMMELL its currently -5.8F, would that still be suitable? But yeh it will be XPEL Ultimate.

Actually other person had recommended Ceramic PRO, have you guys heard of that brand as well?

CQuartz UK needs to be applied in a room or shop where it's 55-60 degrees minimum for an optimal application. I would stay away from ceramic pro. From what I was told their product was originally bought from a third party site like alibaba and they just privately labeled it. Stick with Car Pro CQuartz, Opti Coat or Modesta. I'm partial to Car Pro though. There are tons of options out there and honestly the prices should be close. A 50ml bottle of CQuartz is around $80 and I coated a full size ram 3500 diesel with about half of a bottle.

Hal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
XPEL protection film is absolutely the top of the top for protection film. Incredible warranty, and the stuff is almost invisible when installed right. XPEL coating and having someone top that with Cquartz coating and then use a sealant like Car Pros Reload over the top of that will get you the best results. XPEL sells a self healing film that will actually fix its itself when it has small marring in the surface like swirl marks and I do believe you lose that when you put coating over the film. And honestly a 50ml bottle of Cquartz is $80ish and can definitely be done yourself. For ANYONE interested in coating their truck hit me up and I'll shoot you over some tips and tricks so you can do it yourself and save some $$$$. If you don't want the paint to be 100% free of light marring/scratches/swirls then I highly recommend coating your truck yourself and saving the extra money for other mods. You won't find a better way to protect and make your truck easier to clean than a coating topped with a sealant.

I have no experience with coatings or films. I would have assuming that you put a coating directly on the truck first and then put Xpel on top of that. Is that wrong? Do most do it the opposite?

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no experience with coatings or films. I would have assuming that you put a coating directly on the truck first and then put Xpel on top of that. Is that wrong? Do most do it the opposite?

You apply the coating after you have the XPEL installed. It would defeat the purpose of the coating if you put the coating under the XPEL. You use the coating to protect the exterior surface whether that be paint or paint with protective film installed. The coating makes things incredibly easy to clean and maintain.

Corey77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with a Ceramic Pro coating? A shop near me swears by it, but i have no experience to make a good call on it

From there website.

"We can protect the exterior of your entire vehicle with our Ceramic Pro permanent protective coating. Ceramic Pro is a multi-layerable, clear, liquid nano-ceramic coating. When cured, this technology will transform itself on the surface to a permanent, ridged, flexible glass shield. Ceramic Pro can be described as an additional clear coat, with 3 times the hardness and it has self-cleaning properties. Once this coating is applied, you will see a mirror effect, extreme glossiness, and added color depth. The slickness of the coated surface does not allow dirt, brake dust, or tar to stick to your car's paint, wheels, or glass. This makes washing your car or truck less labor intensive and less frequent. And, it totally eliminates waxing!"

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with a Ceramic Pro coating? A shop near me swears by it, but i have no experience to make a good call on it

From there website.

"We can protect the exterior of your entire vehicle with our Ceramic Pro permanent protective coating. Ceramic Pro is a multi-layerable, clear, liquid nano-ceramic coating. When cured, this technology will transform itself on the surface to a permanent, ridged, flexible glass shield. Ceramic Pro can be described as an additional clear coat, with 3 times the hardness and it has self-cleaning properties. Once this coating is applied, you will see a mirror effect, extreme glossiness, and added color depth. The slickness of the coated surface does not allow dirt, brake dust, or tar to stick to your car's paint, wheels, or glass. This makes washing your car or truck less labor intensive and less frequent. And, it totally eliminates waxing!"

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I would steer clear of Ceramic Pro but that's just me.