Window tint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is to allow a police officer the ability to create a reason to impound and search your vehicle if they have nothing else on you and because they can’t effectively write HOV tickets for heavy tinted vehicles.

FIFY

The shooting cops from behind tinted windows is right up there with accurately shooting 2 handguns at once, handguns blowing up propane tanks with hollow point or fmj (non incendiary) and other urban myths, perpetuated and amplified by hollywood. at some point, there might have been some vaguely related incident, but tint laws have nothing whatsoever to do with safety and everything to do with revenue.

You might be right! :smile:

OP
OP
N

NDO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys for the great input, I think I’ll do the front side windows at 35%. I can’t do the whole windshield in WA, what are your thoughts about the value of doing the top 6” of the windshield?

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys for the great input, I think I’ll do the front side windows at 35%. I can’t do the whole windshield in WA, what are your thoughts about the value of doing the top 6” of the windshield?

I would do 70% on the windshield which is clear and would protect the dash since it blocks 99%Uv rays and 35% sides and be all set.

M3LELENA

Reaction score
I did full ceramic tint last week and it cut the heat by a lot. I did 5% front doors 15% rear over the factory tint and 35% full moonroof which helped out the most with heat and 35% windshield. I went to Home Depot the next day and the temp was 94 outside and spent a hour in the store, when I came out the truck was still cool. I definitely recommend doing ceramic.

do you have a side pic? interested in doing the same thing on mine

OP
OP
N

NDO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would do 70% on the windshield which is clear and would protect the dash since it blocks 99%Uv rays and 35% sides and be all set.

I wish I could do that but front windshield isn’t allowed in my state other than the top six inches.