Window pillars scratched. Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Garshev

Reaction score
Picked up my new raptor last Sat. The detailer must have used a dirty bonnet on the shiny black pillars between the side windows. What is this material? Is it painted or black plastic? Trying to clean this up as it is ugly!:crazy:

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately very common issue. Easy option is to polish them and then have a paint protection film applied which will protect and hide the swirls

mcallister

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rappy graphics sells pre cut vinyl for them if thats anything you’d be interested in doing. They are all scratched up on my 16 f150 too and I plan on wrapping them on my raptor as soon as it gets delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I posted in an earlier thread, if you fart on them it will look like you sand blasted them. The softest, most ultra plush, five star rated for a baby's ass rag will scratch the hell out of them. Periodic polishing is the only way to keep them looking decent if you do not wrap them.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I polished and then XPEL'd them and looks good and stays looking good. If too scratched then wrap them.

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen1s were stronger and matte, these gloss ones are too fragile. Wrapped mine on day three, but already got a scratch from something unknown. :mad: