...why?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It only slows it down, it doesn't help lift it. There's a torsion bar inside the gate that helps lift it. You can just buy the shock and pop it on there. Goes behind a removable panel by the tailgate hinge. It's a totally hidden setup, pretty slick.

Big-Foot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It only slows it down, it doesn't help lift it. There's a torsion bar inside the gate that helps lift it. You can just buy the shock and pop it on there. Goes behind a removable panel by the tailgate hinge. It's a totally hidden setup, pretty slick.

Any pics or links to see this and order parts please?

Thanks..

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tailgate assist keeps your tailgate from slamming down like a peasant's would. You don't want your tailgate to sound like a peasant tailgate do you?

Haha. I planned to just lower it at a controlled speed with my arm...

And I am a peasant, hence no 802A package :)

Last edited:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Haha. I planned to just lower it at a controlled speed with my arm...

And I am a peasant, hence no 802A package :)

Just do it behind your back and make a light psshh sound. Nobody will know :rofl:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any pics or links to see this and order parts please?

Thanks..

How-To Install- OEM Tailgate damper "tailgate assist" for 2015/2016 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Are you guys forgetting these 13th gen trucks have been out for almost three years now? It's been so long that a refresh is already on the way. Pretty much everything has been hashed out. The double honk on exit, frozen door locks, poor seat cooling, key fob this, key fob that, crappy seam sealing on the roof, the tailgate damper, etc... It'd behoove any 17 Raptor owner to spend some time in the forum listed above.

Big-Foot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How-To Install- OEM Tailgate damper "tailgate assist" for 2015/2016 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Are you guys forgetting these 13th gen trucks have been out for almost three years now? It's been so long that a refresh is already on the way. Pretty much everything has been hashed out. The double honk on exit, frozen door locks, poor seat cooling, key fob this, key fob that, crappy seam sealing on the roof, the tailgate damper, etc... It'd behoove any 17 Raptor owner to spend some time in the forum listed above.

Thanks for the info.
I was not sure if the Raptor bed and tailgate were any different than the std F150. I guess only the quarter panels and badges are the only difference then?

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What do you mean? Thete are all kinds of differences. What I'm saying is its just an option package on a 13th gen F150. So there are thousands of parts that are exactly the same as a 2017 King Ranch or XLT for example.

As for the bed, its only the outer bedsides thay are different. Thete is no reason to change the inside of the box.