Wheel Weights on OEM Beadlocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had the OEM beadlocks mounted and tires balance. Ton of wheel weights, haven't counted yet. However, they put them on with double sided tape. They told me clips can't be used on these wheels. Next day, 2 of the weights were laying in my driveway. Took it back to service to fix. Just curious if others with beadlocks had theirs clipped on or the same type of adhesive tape.

cmacclel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had the OEM beadlocks mounted and tires balance. Ton of wheel weights, haven't counted yet. However, they put them on with double sided tape. They told me clips can't be used on these wheels. Next day, 2 of the weights were laying in my driveway. Took it back to service to fix. Just curious if others with beadlocks had theirs clipped on or the same type of adhesive tape.

In the past 10 years all of my wheels have been balanced with stick on weights and I never had a problem. If you prep the surface right stick on weights work fine. They most likely didn't clean the area or sometimes if it's super cold the weights don't stick well.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Clean surface and if it is cold the service department can heat them with a heat gun after being stuck on to gooey up the adhesive. We have to do that sometimes if it gets really cold. I'd imagine the only reason for a lot of weight would be the tires. Forged wheels are typically more true than cast.