Wheel help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Quaesta

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think the perch affects the ride or any of the safety features?

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Yes, read some of the threads on the perch collars. The pre-load changes the ride quality and the higher you go, the more it changes.

Not sure what you mean by the safety features?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was planning on going with your 20" VR-601 with the 35” KO2 and the RPG 1.5. What issues can I expect?

With this setup, you will have zero rubbing. This is one of our most popular setups and we can have everything shipped directly to your door!

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

At 1.5" of lift, you'll keep the shock relatively close to it's normal ride zones. You'll notice a slightly firmer ride and less nose dive during braking. It's not anything I would consider "harsh."

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

What he is saying is that if you get an aftermarket wheel with a positive offset (+6 in my case) you will get some amount of rubbing at full lock even on the factory KO2 tire. A perch of some kind will be required to eliminate it. Expect more rubbing with an even larger tire.

Bingo!

OP
OP
Quaesta

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, read some of the threads on the perch collars. The pre-load changes the ride quality and the higher you go, the more it changes.

Not sure what you mean by the safety features?

The AdvanceTrac with with Roll Stability Control and the Curve Control.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nick,

What do you mean you may have some running with factory tires/stock 35’s? Are you talking about true 35’s as opposed to the 34’s it comes with?

I was planning on going with your 20" VR-601 with the 35” KO2 and the RPG 1.5. What issues can I expect?

35x12.5x20 KO2's aren't true 35's, they are 34.5". The stock 315/70/17 KO2's are 34.4".