Wheel help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am so confused from reading conflicting posts. Can someone give me the short answer on what I need to do to run true 35’s and how wide I can go without sticking out to far past the fenders. And lastly what about 37’s?

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
grinder mallmod :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_2403_zpssg3lp4vm.jpg
    IMG_2403_zpssg3lp4vm.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 38

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Stick with a wheel no wider than 9" and an offset of 0 or greater (read: not negative) and you'll most likely be okay. You may have some rubbing at full lock on your fender liner with factory tires/stock 35s.

This can be eliminated with spring perch collars.

For 37s, you'll need perch collars, a positive offset wheel, and you'll need to do some cutting a trimming.

Let me know if we can help you go over options!

OP
OP
Quaesta

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stick with a wheel no wider than 9" and an offset of 0 or greater (read: not negative) and you'll most likely be okay. You may have some rubbing at full lock on your fender liner with factory tires/stock 35s.

This can be eliminated with spring perch collars.

For 37s, you'll need perch collars, a positive offset wheel, and you'll need to do some cutting a trimming.

Let me know if we can help you go over options!

Nick,

What do you mean you may have some running with factory tires/stock 35’s? Are you talking about true 35’s as opposed to the 34’s it comes with?

I was planning on going with your 20" VR-601 with the 35” KO2 and the RPG 1.5. What issues can I expect?

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What he is saying is that if you get an aftermarket wheel with a positive offset (+6 in my case) you will get some amount of rubbing at full lock even on the factory KO2 tire. A perch of some kind will be required to eliminate it. Expect more rubbing with an even larger tire.