Useless rant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had my ‘18 CC since early November and have been washing it at local drive through car wash since new a couple of times a month. It fits but barely and has never been an issue. Today I went by and while waiting in line the guy who runs it came out and said management no longer allows Raptors. Says one of them tore up the guide rails on the right side. He apologized profusely and gave me a hand full of tokens for my wife’s Stang. Gotta say, washing a truck by hand sucks ass.
Useless rant over.

OP
OP
T

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its in the manual.

Not like they hid that info.

Yeah I know that. Thing is this car wash advertises its made for trucks and has been around for years. It’s not like mine was the only Raptor to ever go through it. Heck my last truck was a 13 Super Duty leveled with 325-60/20’s on it and it went through there for 5 years

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know where you are, round here don't use drive thru car wash. Got a place hand wash, hand dry, vacuum, and wipe down inside. 25 bucks while you wait! Hope you can find one of them places!

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a mobile detail guy who lives in the neighborhood and does awesome work, I just text him and he handles it. Lol

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A mobile guy has been coming to my office every Thursday for the last decade.
4 complete details and 1 wax a month; $140 a month.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

Lazy. Have never ran mine through a car wash for 4 years as stated clearly in the manual. Get it dirty and muddy and have to get on your back to clean underneath, then you can bitch and rant over.

Car wash place doesn’t want to assume responsibility and higher insurance rates so they can stay competitive with other car washes. Respect the business owner.