Undercover Swingcase ... who has them!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

My Schnell

Reaction score
Looking to see if anyone has these installed.

I purchased them from my Ford dealer and installed myself. The install went super smoothly for the 17 and was much better than my 14 because of the holes that are already in the bed.

The bad news is that both my LH and RH boxes showed cracks after 3 weeks of owning them while carrying approximately 20lbs in the RH and about 30lbs in the LH. I carried the same items in my previously owned boxes in my 14 and they never cracked after 2.5 yrs.

Anyone experience the same issue?

Ford dealer replaced them without question but the new ones cracked after 1 day...the Raptor must be too much for them. Must be that small V6...

I contacted Undercover to see if they are aware of a potential issue and if they are working on a design change. More to follow...

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a swing case on order, will install once Raptor gets here. I will have a tonneau cover on top as well, but slightly concerned by your report that they crack with only a small amount of load.

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had them in my '10 and they were great. I would call the factory. 866-900-8800

EDIT- I wouldn't load them up and go off roading hard, they aren't that hardy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

My Schnell

Reaction score
I have a swing case on order, will install once Raptor gets here. I will have a tonneau cover on top as well, but slightly concerned by your report that they crack with only a small amount of load.

FWIW, my older ones did not have a problem for 2.5 years and I am not sure it's the load that is the problem...I truly believe it's the new bracket. The set-up is different than before. I am also unsure if these are just surface cracks or all the way through the plastic. Eventually though, the cracks will find places to join and then pieces will liberate themselves from the parent/adjacent material.

The company wrote back and asked for me to send in pictures and serial numbers and afterwards they will ship news ones to me directly. Pretty sweet IMO.

They are aware that I purchased these though Ford/the dealer too and are still willing to make it right.

We'll see if these new ones will be a problem.

BigRedRuf

Reaction score
I have the swing case and haven't noticed any cracks yet, However I am currently only holding some extra brackets for my cover and a jumper cable in there atm.. Lighter than yours.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine didnt hold up well at all. Lasted about 6 months of moderate offroading, and then the rod broke through the plastic. I think if it had a support under the bottom and wasnt supported on the end by the rod alone it would hold up much better. Too bad. It was a good idea.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine didnt hold up well at all. Lasted about 6 months of moderate offroading, and then the rod broke through the plastic. I think if it had a support under the bottom and wasnt supported on the end by the rod alone it would hold up much better. Too bad. It was a good idea.

Precisely what I was thinking as I was reading through this thread. What if you used a tie-down to hold the other end securely to the bed, or added support for the other end at the bottom?

My case came in yesterday, but truck won't be here for another month...

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Precisely what I was thinking as I was reading through this thread. What if you used a tie-down to hold the other end securely to the bed, or added support for the other end at the bottom?

My case came in yesterday, but truck won't be here for another month...

If you make something on the bed to support the bottom of the box where it swings in, it should hold up much better.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any update on this? Anyone else try these out? I really like the idea of them and want to pick up at least one.