GEN 2 Top 15 Tonneau Covers - which do you have?

Which Tonneau do you have?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

falconpilot

Reaction score
For you guys running the Retrax covers...Are you'll getting any noise while traveling down the roads at highway speeds?? I had a Roll-n-lock on my Tundra Crew Max..the cover would bow in the middle just a little because of the width, and this cause a constant "popping/ticking noise" at highway speeds....worried that the Retrax might do the same due to the width..

Thanks

SeXualAVENGER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a sweet setup. I've been considering the same setup myself except with including the small toolbox that goes over the rollcover storage box. Have you been off-road with that cover yet, even on dirt or gravel roads? Where I live, there are a lot of forest service roads that are poorly maintained and was just wondering how much, if any, rattling I can expect from the cover. When you are spending a few hours on forest service roads, any rattling or noise can really start to wear on your nerves. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same cover w the bike racks. Have been off-road, jumped, etc ,with no movement or noises coming from the cover.

Had the swing cases in my previous gen raptor. They got destroyed while off-roading. They are not tough enough for hard off-roading. The cases cracked, the mount bent and broke. I really liked them until that though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

My Schnell

Reaction score
My cover has not made any noise either, both on my Gen 1 and Gen 2. I have not jumped though, but have driven on some rough roads here and on the way up here. Swing cases are already cracked (2nd set now too) and I am thinking about sending them back and replacing those with the Jr. cover...

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

I LOVE my swing case on my current F150. Absolutely love it, BUT had to give my Raptor some serious consideration on whether or not I would get one for it as well.

I decided NOT to get the swing cases since they unfortunately block the bed lighting.

This is exactly why I chose the American Work cover Jr. with its integrated storage bin.

Truck looks amazing BTW !!

Thanks!!

Blocking the lights but also both sides cracking are making me consider adding the Jr tool box...

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For you guys running the Retrax covers...Are you'll getting any noise while traveling down the roads at highway speeds?? I had a Roll-n-lock on my Tundra Crew Max..the cover would bow in the middle just a little because of the width, and this cause a constant "popping/ticking noise" at highway speeds....worried that the Retrax might do the same due to the width..

Thanks

NOPE this tonneau is really strong - its' aluminum and can support 500lbs on top of it -so zero flex...

Bruno74

Reaction score
Undercover's new Ridglander is installed on mine along with carpet and a swing case. I fell in love with the ridgelander after a sleepless night of research and youtube reviews. Loving it so far and looking forward to putting it to much more use when fishing / biking season comes for me.

It's crazy how few online reviews there are for the Ridgelander. Price cannot be the only reason....

It seems like the perfect cover to me. I am an admitted Undercover fan. Have had the SE on my last 2 trucks, and they meet all my criteria:

strong (all 3 kids can jump on it at the same time), completely waterproof, lock tight secure, silent when driving, light weight, easy to remove and put back on

The Ridgelander racks also fit Rhino Rack and Yakima accessories. What's not to love?

Any other reviews on the Ridgelander, positive or negative?

rmarquette

Reaction score
Picked up a Bakflip MX4 from @Rick@FreedomMotorsports. Best deal out there! Very happy with it. Love the sleek design. I was originally looking at a Retrax Pro, but didn't want to sacrifice the bed space.

One question I had for any of the guys out there with them is how you ran the drain tubes. It looks like the approved way is to take the plastic oval cutouts out, drill a hole in each, and run the tube through that. However I saw these small oval holes near the top of the bed sidewalls that are much closer to where the tubes connect to the rails. I'd rather use them to avoid having these unsightly tubes dangle down. The tubes that come with it don't fit down those holes, but I suppose I could get some rubber tubing or even drill out the hole a little. Thoughts?

Not sure if you got an answer, but yes you can use the small holes. I did without any issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the factory extang on my truck and like it very much.

Quite solid and keeps water out very well.