GEN 2 Top 15 Tonneau Covers - which do you have?

Which Tonneau do you have?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jikjak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I absolutely love my Retrax Pro. It does take up some room in the front of the bed but the fact that you can lock it in place at any position (Not just every 12 inches like most) plus the security is worth it for me. However, if you plan on a set up similar to mine with bike racks then its not as user friendly as say a Roll n Lock. I dont have the racks on the truck all the time but usually when I am carrying bikes and/or Skybox the bed is full too. I have been dealing with it on my 14 GMC and will likely go with Retrax again anyway when my Raptor gets here sometime in May.

That looks like a good setup.

Can those rails support a roof top tent?

does the retrax open and close easily if the racks are installed?

Overboost

Reaction score
That looks like a good setup.

Can those rails support a roof top tent?

does the retrax open and close easily if the racks are installed?

Im not sure if they can support a roof top tent, I dont have one, so I would say research how those are supported. But they can support 4 Upright Bike mounts (these 2 are called High Rollers) and SkyBox cargo holder. These crossbars and racks are a few years old and I know there are newer items.

The retrax opens and closes fine except it hits the crossbar. Not a big deal except you just have to push the handle down a little to get pass the crossbar.

Vikingrl

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a bed cover but I was told by one of the places I called that most of the fiberglass bed covers rub on the paint eventually? I need something waterproof and would like it to be secure so no one breaks into it. Any folding ones that are secure and water proof? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dasbury

Reaction score
I have an Extang solid fold 2.0 that fits that criteria. I've had it for 2 years (on my Gen1 and now my Gen2), and love it. It also supports 400 pounds, and was $900 shipped. It installs in less than 5 minutes, with no tools. Which also means you can take it off in less than 5 minutes, if you ever want to.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a bed cover but I was told by one of the places I called that most of the fiberglass bed covers rub on the paint eventually? I need something waterproof and would like it to be secure so no one breaks into it. Any folding ones that are secure and water proof? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out the Undercover brand of hard covers. Ran it on my 2011 with no issues.

Ownby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a bed cover that will work with the Thule Xsporter Pro Rack. I am looking to find a cover that I could open and be able to install a Thule Rack above the bed for my paddle boards then be able to remove the Thule Rack and close the bed cover back up.

SeXualAVENGER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a bed cover that will work with the Thule Xsporter Pro Rack. I am looking to find a cover that I could open and be able to install a Thule Rack above the bed for my paddle boards then be able to remove the Thule Rack and close the bed cover back up.

American roll cover by truck covers USA. c624ea1bc0f134ccb568e04e94e9f685.jpg564612003c681e468b3abd278e339780.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro