GEN 2 Tonneau Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shooter10x

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was going to go with something like that but since the bed is only 5.5" and the Retrax robs you of precious bedspace I think something like the BAK Revolver X2 Roll-Up Tonneau Cover is a better use of space.

Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover

I was thinking the same. I called on the X2 and they are not sure that it will fit the '17 yet. He said to call back in a few months.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking the same. I called on the X2 and they are not sure that it will fit the '17 yet. He said to call back in a few months.

Downside I see to this is if you need the whole bed for something like a four wheeler you lose all visibility or have to remove it.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There was a Bakflip cover on my truck when I bought it. I thought it was ugly as hell with all the rubber gaskets and it has a weird grainy texture. It leaked a little bit, but it did not have the drain lines installed. I took it off and stuck it in the corner of my garage in case I need it for a vacation or something. Personally, I hate any type of covers over a truck bed. They make what is an easy task (putting something in the bed of the truck) unnecessarily difficult. I've had caps, vinyl tonneaus, and the hard flip kind now- all of them suck ass.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was going to go with something like that but since the bed is only 5.5" and the Retrax robs you of precious bedspace I think something like the BAK Revolver X2 Roll-Up Tonneau Cover is a better use of space.

Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover
It seems like those take up the same amount of space, just rolled up on top of the bed, rather than inside. I looked for a cover that was secure and good looking that didn't sacrifice any bed space and realized that just isn't really possible. I had to give up something. I didn't want to give up security or looks, so bed space lost out. Even without sacrificing bed space, 5.5' just isn't that useful. If I need to haul anything big, I'll break out the trailer.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

The bed size is the same. It should fit without any issue.

Last edited:

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It seems like those take up the same amount of space, just rolled up on top of the bed, rather than inside. I looked for a cover that was secure and good looking that didn't sacrifice any bed space and realized that just isn't really possible. I had to give up something. I didn't want to give up security or looks, so bed space lost out. Even without sacrificing bed space, 5.5' just isn't that useful. If I need to haul anything big, I'll break out the trailer.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

The bed size is the same. It should fit without any issue.

On top of the bed is miles better than inside. For example if you put a four wheeler in the bed itll hit the roll up that rolls into the bed which will give you a lot less space, it wont hit the X2 that rolls up on top of the bed.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On top of the bed is miles better than inside. For example if you put a four wheeler in the bed itll hit the roll up that rolls into the bed which will give you a lot less space, it wont hit the X2 that rolls up on top of the bed.
True, but most 4 wheelers are longer that 5.5' anyway. So your still stuck with the tailgate down or using a trailer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
solsurfr

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a Bakflip cover on my truck when I bought it. I thought it was ugly as hell with all the rubber gaskets and it has a weird grainy texture. It leaked a little bit, but it did not have the drain lines installed. I took it off and stuck it in the corner of my garage in case I need it for a vacation or something. Personally, I hate any type of covers over a truck bed. They make what is an easy task (putting something in the bed of the truck) unnecessarily difficult. I've had caps, vinyl tonneaus, and the hard flip kind now- all of them suck ass.

I don't think I'll be using mine on a daily basis either but being this will be a part-time family/vacation hauler, I can see the convenience of throwing things in the bed without having to worry about them flying out or having to tie-down. We'll see.