GEN 2 Tonneau Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the post and info! I appreciate it!

I didn't see your question until just now. Ford makes that cover in two versions. They make one that mounts inside of the bed rail and is flush with the top of the rail. The other one sits on top of the bed rails. I prefer the one that sits on top of the bed rails.

I've probably sold at least 50 of them over the years to customers of mine.

https://accessories.ford.com/bed-products/covers/cover-tonneau-11051.html

Rickoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the Retrax ProMX last week. Haven't really used it much, but so far I like it a lot. The cannister will fit with the box link cleats installed, but you need to have the cleats in before you drop the cannister in the bed, otherwise, you won't be able to get the cleats into the brackets.

The ends of the cleats are just barely exposed with the cannister in. You can get a rope on it, but's largely blocked.

Attachments

• cleat.jpg
    cleat.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 230

Kansan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BakVP, love that thing. Water tight and works well with my bedrug. It's been raining and snowing for the last two week, not a drop in the bed. I dumped the Retrax after reading review of water making it through.

Shooter10x

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the Revolver X2 last night. It went on extremely easily and looks great. I'll have to break out the heat gun to flatten out the rubber. Really happy with it!

ronniegilbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the Revolver X2 last night. It went on extremely easily and looks great. I'll have to break out the heat gun to flatten out the rubber. Really happy with it!

We just had our X2 put on by our dealer the other day. Seems fine so far. Can you close yours with the tail gate up? We couldn't. What rubber are you referring to and how do you tell if it needs to be flattened out? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DiSanto

Reaction score
We just had our X2 put on by our dealer the other day. Seems fine so far. Can you close yours with the tail gate up? We couldn't. What rubber are you referring to and how do you tell if it needs to be flattened out? Thanks.

Adjust the rails if you cant close the tailgate with the cover closed. They have to be perfectly parallel to the bed caps. If the rails angle down towards the bed floor , the tailgate will hit. It takes only minutes to readjust. Also, make sure you use the included shims for the f 150. It should come with the correct shims, but the instructions will tell you if you have to remove some of the pre-adhered shims.

ronniegilbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adjust the rails if you cant close the tailgate with the cover closed. They have to be perfectly parallel to the bed caps. If the rails angle down towards the bed floor , the tailgate will hit. It takes only minutes to readjust. Also, make sure you use the included shims for the f 150. It should come with the correct shims, but the instructions will tell you if you have to remove some of the pre-adhered shims.

That works fine. It is trying to snap the X2 back in place when the tailgate is open. The video I watched did it but I must be doing something wrong. Right now to snap it back in I leave the tailgate down, snap it in and then shut the tailgate. Thanks.