GEN 2 TMPS and Aftermarket wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaredq22

Reaction score
Thinking about buying the KMC XD129 HOLESHOT wheels in size 17. I hate the stock wheel look, but don't want to buy all new tires yet. IF i do made the switch, what will I need to do to make sure i can still utilize my TPMS?

Appreciate the help

Kowboy17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I switched mine at the dealer and the TPMS worked for about..........10 miles and then went blank. Had it reset, same.........blank after ~10 miles or so. The new TPMS is different than the old.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can buy new ford tpms or move your old ones. if you move the old ones you may need to re-learn them ( and make sure whoever moves them knows how to install them )

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you were to buy a wheel and tire package, say from us ;) we'd load the new wheels and tires with TPMS sensors programmed for a new Raptor. Not your Raptor specifically but a new Raptor none the less. You would need a tool like below to learn the new sensors to the vehicle. This tool is also handy for rotations and switching sets of wheels from say winter to summer or on road to offroad (ie beadlocks).

Or just order wheels and have the tire shop/dealer swap the existing tpms, no relearn needed if they keep the sensors in the same location.

https://www.americanmuscle.com/am-w...hopping&T5_Var3=orange&T5_Var4=T530252&intl=0