Thoughts on the tailgate ramps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone think that these are worth ordering if you only think you'll use them occasionally?

I don't have an ATV or anything that I know I'll use them for regularly, but I can see on rare occasions wanting to load a wheel barrow or something into the bed. I'll have a rooftop tent that I'll want to take on and off of a rack on the bed, but I don't know if the ramps would be of any help with that.

I do like that the track they attach to would add a bit of protection to the top of the tailgate, but I don't think that alone is worth the money.

I doubt these ramps are strong enough to double as sand tracks. Thoughts?

Anyway, like most of these accessories, if they were half the price, I'd probably just say yeah, why not. But as it is, it's a lot of money for something I'd rarely use even though when I would need them, they'd be great to have.

Last edited:

Hal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like them, would have used them a lot a few years ago, but don't need them much these days... I think they are pretty cool but I don't think I need them now. It's easy enough to buy later if I feel the need. Its not like a production option you need to decide now.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They take up a lot of room in the bed and look ugly- but I did plan to get them when I was looking at the 15-16 F150s. I think the fact it locks into the top of the tailgate makes it worth the money. Hook em and go. No sliding BS, no chains or straps needed to hold the ramps in place. I've had a ramp slide on me as I was backing a 500 lb snowblower out of a bed, that pretty much sucked. You can always store them somewhere besides the bed of the truck too.