Talk to me about tonneau covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my Raptor will be my first truck. I'm trying to figure out what tonneau cover to get, if any. My 3 main choices are the OEM Ford soft folding, bakflip mx4, and Retrax Pro MX. Can you guys give me some likes and dislikes of these choices?

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Something that is hard and easy to move/adjust to give you access to the full bed. They are great for keeping valuables locked up in the bed of the truck and out of the elements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went with the factory hard cover but since I don't have my truck yet I have no opinion on it at this point. It looks great in person and in pictures.

OP
OP
R

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another question, I'm assuming I should get lineX installed before installing the tonneau cover?

consolidated

Reaction score
I've had two Bakflips, a RollBak and one Retrax, going Retrax again it's just a superior cover if you can handle the loss of space.

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Line X

So my Raptor will be my first truck. I'm trying to figure out what tonneau cover to get, if any. My 3 main choices are the OEM Ford soft folding, bakflip mx4, and Retrax Pro MX. Can you guys give me some likes and dislikes of these choices?

If you get your cover from Line X it will have a Life Time Warranty and not that its hard? But they install it for free.

Im going to get the Line X Premium and the Tri-Fold Hard cover, I believe its the Bak Flip MX4 with there name on it.

Sawdust

Reaction score
The soft folding is less expensive and the hardware will be less intrusive on your bed space. That said it will make noise and not provide much security. The hard folding is more secure. The retrax will also be secure but you lose space in an already small bed. Tonneau choice really depends on how you use your truck and what is important to you.

Dirkdiggler79

Reaction score
Retrax is the first bed cover I've ever owned and it's the only one. Awesome product would highly recommend this to anyone. Totally worth the cost also.

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had LineX on my last truck. It was quite aggressive and decided to go with something a bit nicer on my knee's and things I put in the bed of my truck.

Went with the BedRug and TruXedo Lo Pro Cover ... Bought both from Chris at Freedom for just over $700 total for both.

The reason I went with the TruXedo Lo Pro over the more expensive Retrax was because I needed FULL access for full sheets of plywood.

Here are some pictures from the install today. Took a total of about 2.5 - 3 hrs total ~ This included the kids helping (or not so helping) clean the bed, and making sure everything was perfect. I could probably install both again in under 1.5 hrs ...

UAnhz73.jpg

Idv8nFg.jpg

fvfTl91.jpg

EFiGdFU.jpg