Tailgate doesn't sit flush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

hewster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then remove and replace your tailgate. Mine is fine with a retrax.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Well that's what I am asking. It really has nothing to do with the retrax, it is just when I noticed it (I never looked at it that hard before).

Curious if anyone knew an easy way to somehow adjust it, or if it is somehow normal, or if my shit is jacked up

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that's what I am asking. It really has nothing to do with the retrax, it is just when I noticed it (I never looked at it that hard before).

Curious if anyone knew an easy way to somehow adjust it, or if it is somehow normal, or if my shit is jacked up

You just need to loosen the Torx stud on the left side and move it in toward the cab about a 1/16 of a inch, tighten, and close the tail gate, if not close enough, loosen and move again. mine was move on the right side from the factory about a 1/16, gate fits flush on both side, ( you can see where the paint line was, is how I know it was moved.)

Ggh1969

Reaction score
My drivers side has to be slammed in order to shut completely. If it's just pushed closed there's a little offset. I was thinking it's just mine but apparently it's an issue. Nothing major. Just shut it a little harder.

Nogard

Reaction score
Washed my Scab yesterday and sure enough, mine has a small gap on the drivers side tailgate as well. Passenger side is flush. I may have never noticed without reading this post.

Bigbo076

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here. Gap 7mm on the passenger side, 12mm drivers side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check that the rubber stopper is turned the same direction as the passenger side, mine was the same and all it took was turning the stopper to fix it.

miula

Reaction score
You just need to loosen the Torx stud on the left side and move it in toward the cab about a 1/16 of a inch, tighten, and close the tail gate, if not close enough, loosen and move again. mine was move on the right side from the factory about a 1/16, gate fits flush on both side, ( you can see where the paint line was, is how I know it was moved.)

Can you post a pic of which torx stud you are referring to? the black one towards the top where the gate latches or the painted torx bolt on the bottom where the gate hinge is?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir