Tailgate doesn't sit flush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hewster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I just installed my retrax and when I flipped up the tailgate I noticed that it doesn't sir flush. The driver-sideis about 1/4" off from sitting flush with the body. The passenger-side is nice and flush. Any ideas?

Edit: no its not from the bed cover rails. I have the 1/8" gap

Last edited:

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You didn't install it properly. The rails should be 1/8" gap from a closed tailgate. You need to measure that using the plastic shipping bracket.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
H

hewster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You didn't install it properly. The rails should be 1/8" gap from a closed tailgate. You need to measure that using the plastic shipping bracket.

Nope that's not it :/.

I used the supplied blocks and ensured there is a 1/8" gap. The rails do not touch the tailgate.(other than the top weather strips)

Last edited:

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Then remove and replace your tailgate. Mine is fine with a retrax.

Steven2191

Reaction score
Same here, the drivers side isn't flush. If you open the tailgate and then close it from the driver side, or whatever side it out it should be flush after closing (try closing it a little bit harder gab usual)