Tailgate Applique

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmckeen

Reaction score
Has anyone removed the FORD appliqué on a tailgate which has no integral ladder? I'm thinking that the metal underneath is smooth with no recess where the oval Ford logo would normally go. Anyone?

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Has anyone removed the FORD appliqué on a tailgate which has no integral ladder? I'm thinking that the metal underneath is smooth with no recess where the oval Ford logo would normally go. Anyone?

Didn’t you already ask this and get an answer? It’s not smooth and it has holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSU_Fred

Reaction score
When I ordered mine, I specified to delete the applique.
The kid at the dealership missed it when calling it in, and I ended up with the applique on.
When I saw the truck for the first time, I pointed it out to the saleslady immediately. She went pale!
I asked her if they could just remove it and she said "there's like a million holes under it." (I looked online at some who've done it, and there really is probably about 2 dozen holes.) It's impossible to remove.
They had to order a whole new tailgate from Detroit.
They fixed it and were very nice about the whole thing.